OLD HICKORY R & P CLUB @ BOSTIC

Post shoot results!
elwood

OLD HICKORY R & P CLUB @ BOSTIC

Post by elwood »

July Ice Cream Special

Where were Donald Day and Barbara? They missed it this year!!!!
We had Charlie Smith's special Pineapple and Peach Ice Cream
Mike Gilbert's special Chocolate
Tony Honeyman's lite Chocolate
Ken Rhyne's special "Homemade Pound Cake" tried to get him to tell us his secret recipe but he wouldn't divulge his secret.

The shoot Saturday morning began with a lite drizzle/rain but as the shoot progressed it gave way to cloudy skies. It wasn't until shooting doubles that the Sun finally took over.

After the singles was shot, the ice cream was ready and the eating began. It wasn't long, the shooting resumed and as squads came back from shooting and the eating took over again.
Someone said that he had some of the best ice cream he has ever had at a shoot. We won’t go there, but we will say it was just good.

Competition was fierce and shooters were focused. We had good scores, shoot offs, and some hats shot. Congratulations’ to Vic Williams and Mike Gilbert for getting their first 100's :P Vic won the shoot off in the Singles. In Handicaps, Mike won the shoot off against Kevin Moss, and I believe some yardage was awarded.

The real excitement came when the traditional shooting of the hats came. With the good shooting that took place that day, the hats looked like watermelons compared to the targets and the hats got literally blowed apart. The last words of Mike Gilbert were, “He shot my bill of my hat off!!" I won’t say who did that but he shoots an 11-87. Not too often do you get to shoot more than 2 shots, HA HA :twisted:

16-Yard Singles - 13 shooters
Winner Vic Williams - 100
A - Charlie Smith - 92
B - Brian Breslin - 98
C- Mike Gilbert - 100
D - Tony Honeyman - 93
Ladies - Connie Bell - 96
Vet - Bill Howe - 96
Sr Vet - Ed Stevens - 97

HD - 18 shooters
Winner Mike Gilbert - 96
Short - Kevin Moss - 96
Mid - Charlie Smith -91
Long - Ray Gaultney - 93
Ladies - Connie Bell - 81
Vet - Ken Rhyne - 87
Sr. Vet - Ed Stevens - 94

DBLs - 11 shooters
Winner - Ray Gaultney- 98
A - Gary Hamrick - 95
C - Bill Howe - 94
D- Mike Gilbert - 92
Vet Ken Rhyne - 96
Sr Vet - Vic Williams - 87

HOA - Mike Gilbert - 288 :) Good Shooting, Mike

Charlie Smth says his team is still on top. I think he is trying to get something started. He has mentioned about a 5 man team. So if anyone is interested in a 5 man challenge contact Charlie at 704-434-2174 and see what he has up his sleeve, if anyone dares.