Coharie Scores - 3/6/2010

Post shoot results!
smokem

Coharie Scores - 3/6/2010

Post by smokem »

What a great day to shoot. The sun shined brightly and, yes, there was a little wind but what a change from the bitter cold and snow. The really bright spot of the day was to see and shoot with Mark Lane. He looked great but the chemotherapy he is taking really knocks his energy down. Son Chris is working hard in EMT classes and both son and dad shot well considering their layoff of a year. Grandmother, Lorenda, spent her day chasing a vivacious grandchild and was worn out at the end of the day. It was delightful to see Chase Reese and his mom, Glenda. What a delightful pair and mom should be commended for helping her son pursue his shooting aspirations. We had a quartet from SC come north today and Brett Allen rode off with several wins. Greg High was in Charleston, playing, but Tom Brown rode into town and ran off with HIGH over all. On a sad note, Gloria and Joe’s dog, Babs, died on the way home from our shoot in Gloria’s lap. Those of us who love animals and our pets offer them our sympathy. As our dog ages, we really dread to face a day like today for the Kusy’s. It makes missing a target so inconsequential. Al and I would like to thank everyone for their help loading, scoring, and cleaning up. I am grateful for my wife providing a delicious meal. Now, on to the scores:

Singles…19 shooters

Champ Mac Herring 98

AA Tom Brown 96

A Al Williams 97

B Francis Bruce 81

C Brett Allen 88

D Al Mazza 83

Jr Chris Lane 92

Sub Jr Chase Reese 87

Vet John Woolsey 89

Sr Vet Morris Carroll 91

Handicap…14 shooters… not enough for yardage but since Tom won it did not matter.

Champ Tom Brown 90 from 27

Short Brett Allen 85 from 20 ½

Mid Marty Hill 82 from 24 ½

Long Mac Herring 88 from 27

Jr Chris Lane 75 from 21

Sub Jr Chase Reese 80 from 19

Vet John Woolsey 73 from 25

Sr Vet Joe Kusy 79 from 21

Doubles…7 shooters

Champ Tom Brown 95

A Mac Herring 91

B Al Williams 82

C Mark Lane 71

D Joe Kusy 67

Jr Chris Lane 81

Vet George Brown 72

HIGH OVER ALL…….TOM BROWN 281 X300

Submitted by Mac Herring. Our next shoot at Coharie is April 17. Please plan to attend. I promise good fellowship and a delicious meal. You will have to provide the scores yourself.

Mac Herring