Buckhorn Gun Club - January 24th, 2010

Post shoot results!
smokem

Buckhorn Gun Club - January 24th, 2010

Post by smokem »

The threat of wet weather couldn’t keep a good crowd of shooters away from the Buckhorn Gun Club Sunday January 24th. Jimmy Wilson was pleasantly surprised at the turnout and wants to thank everybody that attended.

Visibility was good for the singles and caps with the light dimming around 2:30. Jimmy said it was like shooting at 6pm for the doubles event. Wind was minimal for the singles with the blustery Buckhorn wind showing up for the caps.

Singles – Greg High missed early and ran it out to a winning 99 for the event. Handicap – Gail Page topped the field with a 92 after a strong 98 in the singles program. Doubles – Jimmy Wilson put a bow on his HOA with a strong 95 in the doubles. Jimmy stated that the HOA score he posted was a score that he wasn’t too proud of. We will see what Dan has to say about that 277x300..

Oh – only 14 shooters signed up initially for the handicap until Gail posted the 92. It seems that Bobby Page and Chuck Woody wanted Gail to gain a little real-estate for her handicap efforts. I mean what are friends for??

Singles – 19 shooters
99 – Champ – Greg High
96 – AA – Jim Wilson
98 – A – Martin Milano
98 – B – Gail Page
95 – C – Jim Callan
86 – D – Bob Mizner
94 – Lady – Jeri Wilson
87 – SubJr – Addison Callan
95 – Vet – Tom Kanas
92 – SrVet – Morris Carroll

Handicap – 14 – no 16 shooters – thanks Chuck & Bobby :lol:
92 – HiGun – Gail Page got ½ yard :D
86 – Long – Jim Wilson
81 – Int – Martin Milano
89 – Mid – Chuck Woody
90 – Short – Tom Kanas
82 – Lady – Ann Morgan
85 – SubJr – Addison Callan
83 – Vet – Bobby Page
79 – SrVet – Morris Carroll

Doubles – 7 shooters
95 – TopGun – Jim Wilson
93 – AA – Greg High
89 – A – Richard Drake
89 – B – Martin Milano
79 – C – Marty Hill
74 – D – Jim Callan
85 – SubJr – Addison Callan

HOA – Jim Wilson – 96+86+95 = 277x300 :cry:

OK – there you have it and do not forget that Bragg shoots the 31st weather permitting? Jimmy would like to thank all the club members that helped and all that attended the event.
straightaway

Post by straightaway »

Finally. It seems that all the other clubs can have the reports submitted in a timely fashion. I guess it's too much to expect that ol' slow poker follow suit. There are those of us that want to know............

As for James' shooting, its about what could be expected. I mean, the guy gets lucky once in a while, but he knows in his heart that he really belongs in the number two spot....maybe third or fourth if truth be told. Just ask Greg, he got used to it. I guess I'll have to come down there and teach him a lesson, again.

It's 9 degrees out and "little Jim" is chilly so I gotta go warm his dog food up for him.

Have a great day! Dan