Watauga 4th Scores

Post shoot results!
Spy100

Watauga 4th Scores

Post by Spy100 »

July 4/5, 2009

Watauga Gun Club

Let’s call this shoot the good, the bad, and the ugly. The good was Saturday was a great day, a little windy, but for the mountains a great day. The bad was the weather on Sunday lots of rain. Then the ugly, I told the cook that there would be 20 to 25 shooters. And she brought enough cheesecake to feed the mass. Well there was only about eight that showed up. So I got to take a whole cheesecake and a half gal. of strawberries home with me to eat. Now were getting to the ugly. Ha.

Saturday saw a man post his first 100 straight. Morgan has been so close so many times, that I know there was a big relief when that last target was broken. Chris Shoulars posted a 94 in handicap to top the field by four birds. Then George Ponton got to showing off an took top honors in doubles and grab HOA out of the hands of Morgan and George.

Sunday, what can I say, it rained, and rained some more. Terry Roush and Steve Morgan pulled in and watched the weather for a while and decided that it would be a better day to do a little site seeing and visiting friends. Chris and his father ran by to pick up my gun and then get an early start home. But we did have three brave souls go out to the line and shoot a round of singles. King George crushed out a 100 straight too redeem the day before.

With that here we go:

Winners

Event One Singles
Number of Shooters 13

Champion Morgan Shaw 100
AA Class George Sudderth 94
A Class George Ponton 99
B Class Eli Waters 99
D Class Tom Smith 81
Junior Chris Shoulars 96

Event Two Handicap
Number of Shooters 11

Champion George Sudderth 90
Long Yardage George Ponton 89
Mid Yardage Tom Pitts 83 flip Eli Waters
Short Yardage Tom Smith 53

Event Three Doubles
Number of Shooters 8

Champion George Ponton 94
AA Class George Sudderth 93
A Class Morgan Shaw 92
B Class Wade Miller 82
C Class Eli Waters 78

HOA

George Ponton 282X300

Hope too see everyone at the Zone in two weeks and good shooting. Our next shoot is the Glenn Miller, and this year there will be a little change. We will be shooting the 500 target marathon on Saturday and a three hundred program on Sunday. Make plans.

Good Luck!!