January 1st, 2024 Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 1st, 2024 Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Happy New Year folks and here it is here whether you like it or not – 2024 has arrived. One shoot over the weekend and one shoot in VA and the other in South Carolina this weekend.

Buckhorn shot Sunday and the weather according to Karole Miller was beautiful! Also, thanks for the pictures, Karole that was great. Greg Robinson led all singles shooters with a 95, Chris Powell was hi-gun in the caps 92 (1/2 yard punch) and Allan Davis won the doubles with a 90. Mark “Catfish” Cox won the HOA with a 261. It takes a crew to run successful shoots and a big thanks to all that made it all happen.

This Saturday Brushy Mountain Gun Club and the Spartanburg Gun Club will host 300 target programs. Brushy Mountain is in Hurt VA and the forecast is 44 degrees high with rain/snow in the AM changing to rain in the afternoon. Spartanburg looks a little nicer at 45 high and just a 60% chance of rain. So, if you are into shooting between the raindrops, I know there are folks that will show up to compete.

I observed a Facebook thread discussing the cost of loading a box of shells. The conversation centered around the price of shot in PA that is running between 51-57 bucks a bag. One fellow chimed in and said the price was 87 bucks in Idaho. I am in the market for some shot and it will be interesting to see what is going for locally.

I got a call from Phil Berkowitz last week and he commented that he was back to shooting 200 targets a day. He has been shooting his Devault designed AL391 and prefers Noble Sports 1oz 8.5’s. Phil lives in the Villages, and they have a shooting club and shoot trap at the Robinson Ranch Gun Club. He is hoping to shoot at the NC State shoot this year and it would be great to see him on North Carolina soil.

If you have never been to Dubai, then at least you know a trapshooter that has been there. World traveler Steve Watson sent me a video of him bringing in the New Year with a grand fireworks show. Safe travels my friend and hope to see you on the line soon.

I hope everyone is looking forward to a happy and healthy 2024. I am hoping to shoot a little more and travel a bit more in 2024. I got a ton of shotgun shells, and they need to get emptied just so I can fill them up again.

Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Mac, John, Thea and Anne and until next year……….smokem
smokem

Re: January 1st, 2024 Smoke Report

Post by smokem »