November 6th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 6th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope the fall back in the fall routine is working good for you. Two great days of weather for shooting with events in VA, SC and NC. Two shooting events this week including CCLEOA and Buckhorn.

Sad news to report and it is of the passing of Diane Bolling. I first met Diane years ago when she and her husband Mike cashiered the South Carolina State Shoot. Not sure just how many shoots she has cashiered but was very involved with the 3S Shooting Software and ScoresR. I have listed the link to her obituary if you would like to leave a message. She passed way too young at the age of 67 and years back lost a daughter in a tragic accident. Please remember the family in your prayers. https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/ ... g-17157718

Also, Dave Hollingsworth informed me that Don Mainland the man who built Kolar has passed away. I do not have any details but keep the family and the Kolar family in your prayers.

Big thumbs up to NC shooter Gregory Robinson on his first 100 straight at the Spartanburg Gun Club Saturday. Tammie Wilkins was nice enough to send me his picture with his 100 straight patch and the scores from the singles event. I believe he is shooting a KX6, and it looks like it is working well for him.

The Charlie Brown Gun Club hosted a BIG50 Sunday, and it was well attended. David Nelson won the singles with a 50 straight, Harper Nelms won the caps with a 49, Megan Smith won the doubles with a 46 and Nelson won the HOA with a 142.

CCLEOA shoots a BIG50 Friday and Buckhorn shoots a typical 300 target program on Sunday. Friday looks warm and windy for CCLEOA with temps in the mid 50’s for Buckhorn. Good time to get some targets in before winter really sets in.

Marty Hill posted that the shoots scheduled for Ft. Liberty and Old Hickory at Rocky Mount are cancelled. They do not appear on the NCTA calendar but might appear on the ATA website. The shoot schedule for 2024 should be popping up in the very near future.

Ok that is about it for this week, and I hope everyone is looking forward to the holiday season. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Mac, Thea and Anne and until next week………..smokem