December 19th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 19th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Just a few more days until the fat man flies and it will be all over for another year. It is fun to watch the children enjoy the Christmas season but for others it can be a little overwhelming. Even if you cannot give someone a gift just a phone call can be very helpful to make one’s day.

CCLEOA shot Friday and had a good shoot in cool but clear weather. Robert Poniatowski led all singles shooters with a 48, Tony Barlanti led all handicap shooters with a 45 and Billy Soper led all doubles shooters with a 46. The crew look to continue their BIG50 schedule in 2023 and hope to publish their dates soon.

Buccaneer had to cancel their monthly BIG50 due to Pat Childers contracting COVID and we hope he is doing well. Greg High is resting after triple bypass surgery. Marty Hill has been keeping everyone up to date on his recovery. Also remember Phil Berkowitz as he recovers from hip replacement, and I believe he broke his shoulder also when he fell. Please continue to remember the Cornett family as well during the holiday.

Rockingham will host their last BIG50 of 2022 Tuesday the 20th. Weather looks cool but clear and start time is 10AM. Doubles will be shot first and hopefully we can get done quickly. Rain date was Thursday, but it looks like that day will be the wet one.

Looking into the new year Buckhorn hosts the first shoot of 2023 on January 1st. January 8th Watauga will host their first BIG50 for 2023. Be sure to check the www.nctrap.com website for shoot updates because there are clubs that have not published their dates yet.

I had the pleasure of communicating with Steve Watson just recently. It looks like he is gathering ammo to jump back into competing in 2023. Watching John Waters, Tom Shelley and Tom Pitts and Steve shoot is fun for me anyway.

Ok that is about it, and I hope everyone has a great Christmas. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Thea and Anne and until next week………….smokem
Attachments
lastpicdec19.JPG
lastpicdec19.JPG (65.51 KiB) Viewed 3464 times