November 28th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 28th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and it looks like back to work after another fun and filling thanksgiving holiday. The weather cooperated for the most part with warm temps and rain across the state. Hopefully we will return to colder weather and get winter going again.

Buccaneer shot Saturday and here is the report that was posted by Pat Childers. We had 27 shooters compete yesterday at Buccaneer Gun Club's monthly Big 50 registered shoot. Top dog for singles was Scott King with a 48. John Lowder's 46 in caps has high and earned him a half yard punch. Rodney Raines was high in doubles breaking 45. Next shoot is December 17, 2022, starting at 9 AM. It is great to see that kind of attendance for a BIG50 event in North Carolina.

Two shoots coming up this week and they include CCLEOA Friday the 2nd and Buckhorn Sunday the 4th. Hopefully the weather will be good in both locations! CCLEOA just started BIG50 events a few months ago and since the beginning have been able to register birds without a cancellation. Of course, Buckhorn has been around forever and always draw a crowd and have a great lunch.

Most everyone knows Darvin and Donna Cornett and of course their daughter Rebekah Dawkins. Well, the other night I was on Facebook and noticed two babies on Donna’s Facebook page. Wouldn’t you know it Rebekah gave birth to a set of twin boys. Steven “Jax” and Nathaniel Lee “Nate” Dawkins. They weighed 6.1 and 6.2 and were both 19” long. Congrats to her and her husband and I was able to chat with Bekah on FB about her twins. It will be great to see these boys grow up and I hope I live long enough to see them fire a shotgun. Also please remember the Cornett family in prayer please!

I completely missed that Marty Hill and Greg High attended the Autumn Grand in Tucson Arizona. He posted some pictures on Facebook recently and man that is a beautiful place to shoot. I looked at their scores, and they didn’t set the woods on fire, but I know they had a good time. I am sure Dan Jones added onto that pile of one dollar bills he has won off Marty over the years. That would be on my bucket list for sure to shoot at Tucson….

Ok folks that is about it for this week. Shooting slows down at this time of the year, but the news never stops. Hopefully we will have a winter cold enough to kill some bugs mainly tiger mosquitoes. Have a good week everybody and hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem