October 31st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 31st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Ok sports fans I hope everyone is enjoying all the sports being offered at this time of year. I somehow blanked on the fact Buckhorn shot Sunday and I apologize for that omission. Couple of BIG50’s this week including Rockingham Tuesday and Watauga Saturday.

NCTA president Marty Hill announced that Tracy Sanders passed away and the trapshooting community is saddened to hear this news. You might remember Tracy from the years he manned the squad board at the NC Home Grounds in Bostic. He registered 76,700 singles, 83,100 handicap and 8,750 doubles. He shot his last registered targets in 2017 at the NC State shoot and he shot 100 handicap targets. He was always smiling and always willing to help. I went back into his ATA records to try to determine what shoots he attended so I could look for pictures of him. I noticed that he shot a lot at Gastonia and Old Hickory at Bostic when they were up and running. Please pray for his family during this time. Here is the info for his obituary. https://www.dignitymemorial.com/.../arn ... s-10986715

Buckhorn shot Sunday and they had a good turnout for the Watauga folks and Rockingham had a squad show up. Mark Spoon led all 22 singles shooters with the lone 100. NC State Handicap and Dixie Grand Handicap Champ won the caps with a 94 amongst 19 shooters and got punched back to the 23.5. Petite and perky Megan Smith Tied Shawn Reese with 94 amongst 15 doubles shooters. Not sure how that turned out and no idea who won the HOA? I believe BGC shoots their Toys for Tots shoot the 13th of November so mark your calendars.

I looked at the newly updated NCTA shoot calendars and noticed Watauga had jumped on board and offering BIG50 shoots on November 6&20 and December 11th. They also have BIG50 dates in Jan-Feb-Mar. That is great news for folks wanting to register targets and get it done quick. With all the kids they got shooting this is a great way to get some competition targets and prep them for the 2023 target season. Other BIG50 events RCGC Nov 1&15 Dec 6&20 – CCLEOA Nov 18 and Dec 2&16 – Buccaneer Nov 26 and Dec 17. Also, Ft. Bragg and Old Hickory have published their 2023 dates for 300 target program events. Slowly but sure all clubs will be submitting shoot dates for next year.

Of course, with wintertime coming on shooting will be slowing down a bit unless you live out West or in Florida. Hopefully some clubs will slip in some marathon style shoots weather permitting. Planning for shoots and dealing with winter weather can always be a challenge. Folks up North shoot year-round and in Maryland they shoot non-registered leagues for some great money payouts. But just like church it is always 10% doing 90% of the work at shooting events.

Ok folks that is about it for this week and I hope everyone enjoys the warmer weather before the arctic cold sets back in. Hello to Scott in PA, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem