September 26th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 26th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Here we are at the end of September, and wouldn’t you know it a hurricane is rumbling around. The Dixie Grand starts in just one day and things could get interesting in the North Carolina mountains. Rockingham, CCLEOA, Buccaneer and Watauga all shot last week, and I have some info on those events.

Rockingham shot a BIG50 Tuesday and Mark Spoon broke a 50 in singles and a 48 in handicap. That was high and Doug Monjeau was close behind with a 95. Ed Gideon was high in the doubles with a 44. As of Sunday, traps 2-6 are finished for all practical purposes with one to be finished up this week.

CCLEOA shot Friday and if it was as windy on the coast as it was in the Triad those birds were sporty. Tony Barlanti won the singles with a 41, Billy Soper won the caps with a 37 and also the doubles with a 40. I believe their next BIG50 is Friday October the 7th.

I have no info on Buccaneer, but I do have info from Watauga. Cooler and damp weather showed up at Watauga, but they still managed to draw a crowd. Shawn Reese won the singles with a 98, Bobby Jones won the caps with an 88, Caleb Mathis won the doubles with a 91 and Shawn Reese the HOA with a 274.

Spartanburg shot Saturday and they had a good group made it out to compete. Thomas Campbell won the singles with 100, Preston Lunn put himself back on the 27 with a 96 and Kevin Stephens won the doubles with a 94. Preston also took the HOA with a solid 289x300….. Good to see Bill Howe on the leader board and shooting after his back surgery.

Dixie Grand starts Tuesday, and it looks like a good number have already signed up on pre-squad. Tuesday through Thursday look pretty good weather wise, but Friday through Sunday might be a bit moist. Hurricanes tend to do what they want to do but the track brings it up into the NC mountains. That could all change for sure, but all the weather outlets tend to agree. Shells will be available at the shoot, and they can be purchased based on the events that you shoot. I know there will be a few vendors but not sure who and how many?

That is about it for this week and by this time next week I should have a few things to report from the Dixie. Have a great week everybody and maybe we will see some of you in Bostic. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem