September 12th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 12th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Looks like a soggy weekend in North Carolina. The NC Closed Skeet Championships took place over the weekend at Ft. Bragg and the NC State Handicap Champ Gage Malone participated in the 12 and 20 gauge events.

Several events in North Carolina this weekend. Ft. Bragg shoots Saturday. Weather looks good at this time with temps in the low 80’s. The Rockingham County Gun Club will host their Memorial shoot Saturday the 17th and the hi-gun in handicap will win $100 donated by Sandy Wyatt. Sunday RCGC will host a BIG50 starting at 2PM.

Update on the traphouses at RCGC. 4-5-6 are pretty much done except for paint and some grading. We hope to have traps 1-3 finished in about four weeks and that really depends on the weather. We were hoping to host the National Trapshooting Day and offer the leather trophies, but all work might not be done by that shoot date. We will have NTD pins for all that attend.

Please keep these folks on your prayer list and they include Tommy Brown, Pat Morgan and Debbee Galloway. Tommy has a few procedures looming in the near future, Pat had a medical condition diagnosed and Debbee had knee surgery. Also remember Darvin Cornett on his road to recovery and a weight loss of over 60 pounds.

The Dixie Grand is right around the corner and will be here before you know it. If you have not been classified, please contact Marty Hill mhill76@aol.com and he will get you fixed up. Also, pre-squad is available for you to get squadded and speed up the process when you get to the homegrounds.

I am going to try to slip up to Christiansburg VA to shoot at the end of the month. They shoot the 4th Sunday of the month, and it is a very interesting place for sure. It is a two-trap club nestled into the side of a mountain with a background that reminds me of Watauga and Lynchburg. I ran up there a year ago to get some targets before the Dixie.

Ronnie Manuel got out shooting Thursday with the crew at RCGC. He hopes to get back to shooting more especially when it cools down a bit. Several years ago, we traveled to the Georgia State trapshoot and dropped by the Spartanburg Gun Club to let him see that club. We stayed is a nice hotel and when we got up that next morning, I asked him if he wanted to go to breakfast and he said no I am good I got my breakfast right here. He showed me a pack of pop tarts and said this is it. Evidently that is what he has been eating for years for breakfast and oddly enough I developed a liking for pop tarts for breakfast if you can believe that…..

Ok that is about it for this week, and I hope it stops raining. Have a great week everybody and hopefully you can get out to practice or register some targets. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week……..smokem