July 11th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 11th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning folks and I hear it was a little cool and a bit moist while I was gone to Pennsylvania. Hate I missed it and I hope the weather holds up for the Southern Zone this weekend. I mean it looks like typical chance of t-storms with temps in the mid-eighties.

One shoot Saturday I believe, and Mark Spoon won the singles and the doubles and not sure about the HOA. When we first met James “Harlan” Haskins Brown he was shooting a short O/U and slowly making progress breaking some scores. He decides to take a Harlan course at Rockingham and purchased a Perazzi from Tommy Brown. His scores and confidence picked up and Saturday he won his first handicap and got a punch. Congrats James and looking forward to more progress in the near future.

Southern Zone telephonic kicks off this Thursday at the NC Homegrounds. Four days of fun in the sun and competing against other sites simultaneously. Some great scores will be broken and not telling how many 200’s and 100’s will be broken during this event. Some of these guys and gals can break 200 and then go on a streak and run another 500……..If you have never been to the NC Homegrounds it might be a good thing to visit and shoot and then plan for the Dixie Grand in October.

I just got back from my annual trip to Pennsylvania and even though the weatherman predicted rain it didn’t rain a drop and Saturday and Sunday were low humidity breezy sunny days. The West Penn Sportsman Gun Club hosted the event, and it was a well-run event over 8 traps. They started two squads on traps one and two and you know the drill. 25 per trap and they don’t dilly dally around getting on and off the line. They had 200 flats of shells on hand for purchase ranging from Sandy Jacks favorite load the Noble Sports and they also had Federals and Fiocchi’s. Our next stop will be the Bradford Gun Club in Bradford PA the old stomping ground of Dan Johnson. Dave Daily from South Carolina won the Friday Handicap with a 90. He has been having some issues with his trigger finger and he was really happy to take something back home to SC.

Ok that is about it for this week and after driving for 8 hours I am ready for a little rest. I hope everyone has a wonderful week and if you make it to the zone best of luck to you. Hello to High Chief Scott Holdren, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, PA Russ, Thea and EZ-GO Anne and until next week………………smokem