June 27th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

June 27th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Great weather weekend for trapshooting in North Carolina. Three trapshoots over the weekend including Watauga, Old Hickory and Rockingham. With the holiday weekend ahead of us Buckhorn shoots the 2nd and the 3rd.

Watauga had a good turnout Saturday. LilD Tollison won the singles, Lee Perry and BigD Tollison knotted up in the handicap and both got a half yard punch. Jim Hughes won the doubles and no report on the HOA winner.

Rockingham shot Saturday and it was a little warmer than Watuaga. George Powell and Thomas Tomchik tied in the singles with 97’s and George out birded Thomas in the shootoff. VA shooter Brian Coates sporting an 870 and a Jack West stock won the caps with a 94. George Powell took the doubles with an 87 with Chris Powell a close second with an 86. George also took the HOA with 97+92+87=276. Chris Powell was the only person to break a 25 in the handicap and is surely getting that Kolar dialed in.

Old Hickory shot Sunday and I do not have a shoot report at this time. Also, Buckhorn shoots this Saturday and Sunday and I have no idea what the program is. If you know someone that is on their email list, just ask them.

Caleb and Connor Mathis made it to the Ohio State Shoot. Both fellows shot well, and Caleb was tuned into his doubles all week winning several trophies. Connor also reached some new high scores also. Looks like Andy Clayton and Kenny Cox made it to Ohio also. Folks say Ohio is the place to shoot and I need to make it up there one day. Go to http://www.rjstuart.com for the Ohio State info.

The Southern Zone is just a few weeks away. The Homegrounds hosts this event and hopefully it will be well attended. July is normally a very hot time of the year, but it is always a good time of year to shoot.

Ok that is about it for this week. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend Holiday. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week……smokem