June 13th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

June 13th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

In case you live under a rock you already know that the NC State Shoot is in the books for 2022. Great weather throughout and a tad bit windy on Thursday. Great competition in the NC mountains and visitors from near and far.

The NCTA and the HOF boards pulled it off for another year and everything went very smoothly. Marty Hill and the crew made it happen even with high gas and shell prices. Attendance for state shoots have been averaging 15-20% below normal attendance and not sure how we did this year. All I know is folks looked happy from what I could tell.

Now I will not be able to report on all the winners but will highlight the championship weekend. We will discuss our non-resident winners first and them our in-state champions. Saturday singles was won with a 199 and Cason Williams got it done with a Model 12. Sunday Doubles was won by KY shooter Kevin “Tank” Polson with a 95. Kevin also won the handicap Sunday with a “98” from the back fence. HAA Kevin Polson 390 and HOA Kevin Polson with a 958. Now there are many more winners and hopefully a full shoot report can be posted.

In-State winners include the Singles Champ David Smiley after a 3 round shootoff after a 197. Sunday doubles champ is Noah Gouge with a 93. The Sunday handicap winner was Sub-Jr Gage Malone with a 97. HAA was Noah Gouge with a 384 and HOA Clemson shooter Marshall Tomchik with a 919. Congrats to all of the winners!!!!!

Couple of BIG50 events this week with Rockingham shooting the 16th and Buccaneer the 18th. Other clubs are seriously looking at running weekday BIG50 events and hopefully they will crank up here in the very near future. Of course, just like every other event clubs need help to run the event. Maybe it is time you learn how to score and give back to the sport…..

Ok that is about it for right now. I could write a bunch more, but it has been a fun four hot days at the shoot. Have a great week everybody!!!!! Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and EZ-GO Anne and until next week………smokem