April 25th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 25th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Is April over yet and the answer is no. May is just around the corner and the NCHOF is in the books and the Georgia State Shoot also. Two events this week with Rockingham and Buccaneer hosting BIG50’s. RCGC is the 24th and Buccaneer the 30th.

The NCHOF is over and when the dust settled there was a new Sheriff in town. App State student Megan Smith broke a 199 in the Saturday singles and won the event. She broke a 99 the day before and might even qualify for a NCBOZO pin?

Saturday night they finally had an honest to goodness sit down and eat banquet to induct George Sudderth into the North Carolina Hall of Fame. With the COVID mess several years there was no inductee and no banquet when there was an induction. I asked Hunter Galloway how the meal was, and he said it was better than Scoggins and that says a lot. I know George is glad it is over, and the pressure is off and once again George congrats on your great honor.

Sunday the doubles and the handicaps kicked off and TN shooter Michael Burnette was doubles high-gun with a 96. Lil D Tollison led all handicap shooters with a 95 and topped that off with HAA and a 379x400 to bring it on home. The event was well attended even with the Georgia State Shoot on the same days. They tested out a new cashiering system and let’s just say it was a good test. Not sure exactly what will be used in the future but I am sure they will get the bugs worked out before the state shoot.

The Georgia State shoot was well attended with 202 singles, 106 doubles and 127 handicap shooters. Resident winners of the main events are as follows. Singles - Mike Schildgen 196, Doubles – Ethan Ledford 94, Handicap – J.J. Miles 95, HOA – Ethan Ledford 938, HAA – Ethan Ledford 380. Non-Resident winners are as follows. Singles – IL Brian Hezel 196, Doubles – MS Zeke Yeager 100, Handicap – VA Caleb Delp 97, HOA – TN Mike Castle 947, HAA – FL Federico Ramirez 384. I know the weather was great just like at the NCHOF and David Witt took a ton of photos just like Tiffany decker did at the HOF.

Rockingham will host a BIG50 this Thursday. We normally start at noon but will start earlier if we get the squads assembled. We also have another group that shoots later in the day about 4:30 so if you can’t make it out early come late. We register the targets on the same day they are shot. Buccaneer shoots Saturday the 30th and they have had some big turnouts so please attend if you can make it.

Ok that is about it for this week. Looks like the weather will be good later in the week and hopefully for Thursday and Saturday. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week……..smokem