March 7th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 7th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning on this Monday March 7th. Great weekend all around with just a little wind on Sunday. Spartanburg shot over the weekend, and they had one heck of a turnout considering the shell and gas situation.

Couple of BIG50’s this week with Rockingham the 10th and Watauga the 13th. Both shoots might encounter either rain or cold temps but hey we will give it a go. You cannot predict the weather and that is a fact. Also Ft. Bragg shoots this Saturday and it is their first shoot of 2022 but the weather might be interesting.

I mentioned the Spartanburg shoot Saturday and they had 45 singles, 38 handicap and 25 doubles shooters. Thomas Campbell broke the lone 100 to win the singles, TN shooter Robert Perry won the caps with a 92 and Kenny Inman won the doubles with a 96. HOA was secured by Preston Lunn with a 278. Tammie Wilkins mentioned that the SC HOF shoot is April 2&3 and Frank Ketron will be inducted. Frank was on the squad that I shot my first 100/99 at the NC HOF at the Homegrounds many moons ago.

I talked to Phil Berkowitz Sunday, and he is recovering from major back surgery. He is beginning to start practicing some gun lifts with his Infinity. I know he is wanting to get back out to busting targets real soon. I also talked with Terry Roush and he is still in Florida. He seems to think that shells will be available for sale when you sign up for the events. No way of knowing what flavors are available but I am sure the major brands will be sold……..

Ft. Bragg shoots this Saturday and if you have never shot at Ft. Bragg you are missing a great place to shoot. The layout of the traps and the background is a little different with all orange Lawry targets. They will probably run 4 traps and it should go quickly. Lunch will not be available on the premises so pack a good lunch.

The Southern Grand is just a few weeks away and quite a few NC folks will be attending. Of course, Terry Roush is already down there, and the Galloways will be leaving this Saturday for the Silver Dollar. I would imagine Marty Hill, Greg High and George Brown will make the trip and possibly Bill Howe. Some great places to eat in the area and we always travel down to the sponge docks for a meal at Hella’s.

Shells have you found any? I traveled to Siler City Saturday to see my granddaughter compete in a Hunter Safety competition. I stopped by the Siler City Wal-Mart and found one box of 28-gauge shells and that was absolutely it. All the shelves were cleaned out and not a shell of any kind whatsoever in the store. I don’t know what to tell you folks, but it surely does not look good.

Ok that is about it for this week and it looks like a lot of rain coming our way. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week……….smokem