February 28th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 28th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Here we are at the end of February already and March is upon us. Great time of the year when the pollen and the shot really begin to fly. Couple of BIG50’s last week with a washout at Rockingham and a good crowd at Buccaneer.

Spartanburg shoots this Saturday the 5th and Ft. Bragg hosts their first shoot of 2022 the 12th. Hopefully we will be submitting BIG50 dates for March 10th and 24th at the Rockingham Gun Club. Hopefully the NC Shoot Calendar will fill up quickly.

The Southern Grand cranks up in a few weeks. If you have never attended, it is an interesting place to shoot. Lord willing, I hope to make it down for a few days and shoot a bit and grab a few pictures of some of the big dogs.

Still looking for shells, academy Sports is usually a go to source but no shells to be found. Not sure where people are finding shells, but they are finding them somewhere. I am traveling to a 4H event this weekend and I hear there might at least 400 youth shooters competing in the shotgun event. I will guarantee you that most of the shells they will be shooting are imports.

It looks like three NC Gun Clubs are giving scoresR.com a go as far as shoot cashiering software. Watauga jumped on board with Buckhorn running it last week and Rockingham signing on this week. It is a cloud-based service requiring an internet connection and it does have a pre-squad function. That allows you to pick your squad and position and even chose your options before you arrive at the shoot. You might see this program being used more and more across the state and country.

I heard tell that the NC State Prez Marty Hill is sporting a new smoke pole. Marty can shoot any gun pretty good, and he was deadly with the Zoli he has. It had a few mechanical issues over the years and Dan Jones and Justin Trimback built him a nice Zoli repair kit just in case. The Kolar he bought should serve him well and welcome to the Kolar family.

That is about it and I hope everyone has a great week. It looks like a warmer week and a good-looking weekend ahead. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week…………smokem