January 31st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 31st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope you are enjoying all this cold weather and snow. Looks like three weeks with sleet, snow and just recently more snow. Don’t look now but a possibility of snow again this coming weekend.

Whether you like snow or not I guess you just have to resort to loading shells, cleaning guns and working out with your Terry Jordan wall chart. I know we all accumulate stuff over the years, and it begins to pile up. It would be great to have a contest to see who has the most shotgun hulls stacked up around the property. Regardless I guess we need to be thankful we are all still around to look forward to shooting when it warms up.

Several birthdays in NC and SC and they include Ron Wilson and Gary Campbell. I called both of them over the weekend to wish both of them a happy birthday. Ron is doing well but laying low due to him only having one lung. He has not been out shooting in a couple of years. Hopefully we will get to see him sometime at the NC homegrounds. Gary Campbell lives in SC and sounded great on the phone. He has an eye doctor’s appointment to figure out what is going on with his left eye. Evidently it creates a distorted view when he uses that eye. Hopefully they can get it figured out. If you know these guys give them a call or a DM on Facebook.

My friend that lives in Bradford PA says that the club has Federals for $10 a box. Looks like Federal is making shells available finally. Herman also said that shot was $60 a bag in his area. Looking at posts on Facebook it looks like pallets of shells are showing up for high school teams that were ordered last year. Also, if you have vendors that sell guns and shells chances are they will be less apt to sell you shells if you don’t buy guns from them.

The February calendar for trapshooting in NC shows and event at Buckhorn and Buccaneer. VA and SC offer events during the winter months and Spartanburg is usually the first Saturday of every month. I have plans to offer BIG50 shoots at Rockingham on Thursdays starting a noon but have yet to submit the dates to the NCTA and the ATA. If you are interested in BIG50 events on Thursdays, please email me at fcr7@yahoo.com

Ok folks that is about it this week. Remember you can access the NCTA shoot calendar at http://www.nctrap.com Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem