November 29th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 29th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Another Thanksgiving in the books and I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend. Buccaneer shot over the weekend, and I have no shoot report at this time. Several shoots are left in the year in NC so look at http://www.nctrap.com for that info.

Sad news to report from Indiana and it that SC shooter Dave Daily’s youngest son passed suddenly last week. I called him to wish him a great thanksgiving and he told me the news. He got a call that his son had been transported to the hospital and to come as soon as he could. Dave had recently undergone cataract surgery and didn’t want to travel at night. Anyway, please pray for the family at this time.

NC gun clubs are plotting and planning their 2022 shoot schedules. There is a lot of things that go into prepping to run shoots and that is manpower. Folks love to shoot, and it is great when folks can pitch in and help gun clubs run their events. Most folks can load traps, but some folks take the time to learn to referee. Skeet refs must be certified to be able to referee and you would think trap would create a program that would assure folks understand the basics for scoring. But heck that would make too much sense right.

Looks like shells are showing up in different areas of the country. Winchester target shells mostly and I still don’t see many Federal shells for sale. I am going to be looking around the area a little more diligently to see what is available and ask when they are stocking them. I am set for shells and supplies but these heavy hitter shooters will be scrambling to keep supplied.

Ok that is about it for this week. I will try to do a little better finding pertinent info for next weeks smoke report. It gets a little slow around the holidays and of course it will pick up sooner than you think. Have a great week everybody and think SNOW. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobbie, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem