October 25th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 25th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

I hope everyone enjoyed that beautiful weekend. A little cooler and a little wind never hurt anyone. Not sure how the leaves are in the NC mountains but one thing for sure they were eating chicken wings in Boone NC. For some reason I missed that OHRM had a shoot and will try to do better next time.

Got a call from Phil Berkowitz Saturday and he sounded good considering his 4 hour 2-day operation. He is in a rehab center and his pain level can go from none to off the charts. I guess as his nerves wake up it sends that pain message to the brain. I told him I would call him Wednesday to see how he is doing. He wanted to thank everyone that sent a prayer up considering major surgery at the young age of 79 can be iffy.

Watauga Gun Club shot over the weekend and the info I got was that Gracie Marshall was on fire. She won the singles, tied for hi-gun in the caps, won the doubles and the HOA. She got in a shootoff with Caleb Mathis for handicap and this was the only event she didn’t win. Both Gracie and Caleb got a ½ yard punch for their efforts. Barron Church commented that it was a tad windy and sunny, and the event was well attended. I don’t have a report on how delicious the wings were, but I would imagine that they were very tasty. Tom Shelley confirmed that the wings were great. Pitts whipped him by two in singles and 1 in caps, but he said he had a good time! Hats off to the Boone crew and Morgan Shaw for another great season in the NC mountains.

Ft. Bragg shoots this Saturday the 30th. Great place to shoot and sure glad to see it back up and hosting ATA registered events. They will run either 3 or 4 traps and the weather looks good with 63 for a high and wind 10-15 WNW. It is always interesting when planes land at the base and the noise it creates. Last time I attended they had a food truck show up for lunch. I would imagine that will be available for this Saturday also.

NC President Marty Hill was nice enough to get me the info from the shoot at Old Hickory Sunday. Looks like Karole Miller, Charlie Brown and Larry High tied in the singles with 95’s. Karole took Lady I and Larry won the flip with Charlie for Hi-Gun. Larry won the caps with and 91 and the HOA with a 265. Joe Nalley and Andy Clayton tied up with 82’s in the doubles and Joe won the flip. OHRM will shoot again in November so check your calendars.

Nathan Snyder took a trip out West for some bird hunting and from the looks of his pictures he did quite well. He traveled about 1723 miles to Dupree South Dakota for pheasant and ringneck and sharp-tail grouse. He encountered 32-degree temps and snow one day. Not sure what gun he used to hunt but I will guarantee it was an old pump gun.

Ok that is about it for this week. Pat Childers rescheduled the BIG50 at Buccaneer for October 30th so please mark your calendars. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobbie, Thea and Anne and until next week……..smokem