September 21st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 21st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning folks and I hope everyone had a great weekend. Great weather for shooting and I hope you got out and got some practice in at your local club. Three events over the weekend with Buccaneer and Rockingham County holding events.

Somehow, I missed that Buccaneer shot Saturday and we will try to do a little better in the future. Watauga shoots this Saturday the 25th and it is a good warmup shoot in preparation for the Dixie Grand. Great targets in the mountains of NC and always a tasty lunch.

Rockingham hosted their Memorial shoot Saturday, and it was well attended. 32 singles, 26 handicap and 19 doubles shooters took the line. We ran 4 traps for singles and caps and 2 for doubles. High score in the singles was Caleb Mathis with a 99, Hudson Sharpe led all handicap shooters with a 93 and Caleb led doubles shooters with a 95 and the HOA with a 284.

The Dixie Grand is just a few weeks away and can you believe it? No shells will be available for the satellite Grand in October. I heard dealers say more shells are produced for the hunters and that the target shotgun shell market is just a small portion of their business. Well ok but shells are showing up at sporting clays events and other large events, so I do not buy it. I hope it will get better for the folks that really need the shells to compete. So that means BYOS Bring Your Own Shells……if you can find them.

Steve Morgan helped at the shoot Saturday at RCGC, and he had to leave early to celebrate former ATA President Terry Roush. His birthday was the 17th and we wish him a happy birthday…..

Ok folks that is about it and I hope everyone has a great week. Fall shooting is always nice and cooler temps will be here before you know it. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobbie, Thea and Anne and until next week……………………………………..smokem
smokem

Re: September 21st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

I had some issues getting logged in last night and finally got logged in this morning. Thanks to Justin for helping me out!!!!!