September 6th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 6th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Great weekend in North Carolina and I hope the weather was good for Buckhorns 2-day shoot. Looks like one shoot this weekend and it will be held at the Durham County Wildlife Club.

A little bit of news and that is Tom Shelley got hitched to Ashley Laws last week. Not sure how long they have been dating but they finally tied the knot. Now the question is Tom Pitts going to follow in his best friend’s footsteps?

The Dixie Grand is just a month away and I really hope the weather is good for the event. Lodging is filling up quick and if you have not made reservations you might want to go ahead and do it. I believe Holiday Inn Express, and the Hampton are offering discounts for the trapshoot.

I texted Marty Hill about shell availability for the Dixie and he said they ordered 500 flats, but he couldn’t count on them being available. Hopefully they will come in and folks that fly in will have something to shoot. If I find out that they are coming in I will post it on the smoke report.

Some of you know that we have a new ATA president, and his name is Darryl Hayes from the state of Michigan. He is the rank of Commander in the Detroit Police Department and has attended the Dixie Grand in previous years. We are excited about his appointment, and I know he will do a great job.

That is about it for this week and hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day Holiday. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week…………..smokem