June 14th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

June 14th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope you had a great weekend. The weather has been hot and a little rain but all in all the weather has been great. As many of you know the state shoot wrapped up and we have a little bit of info to share.

First of all, Ft. Bragg has a registered shoot this weekend. I know it is hard to believe but yes, they are shooting again at Ft. Bragg. Their first shoot of the year after many years of not holding shoots was well attended. Marty and the crew will roll out the red carpet for all that show up to shoot.

The 108th Annual NC State Trapshoot just wrapped up and some great scores were broken. Hats off to the NCTA and the NCHOF for another great shoot. Jim and Marty and the entire crew need a raise and that is for sure. Jim Hughes did a great job assembling workers to score and load and work the line.

As far as NC winners the NC State Singles Champion is Noah Gouge, NC State Doubles Champion is Brandon Cantrell and the NC State Handicap Champion is Sub-Jr Scooter Scott. I don’t have the info for the HOA and HAA. Robert Dyer was the Non-Res Singles Champ, George Reese is the Doubles Champ and Jr Jonah Wyatt is the Handicap Champ. Hopefully there will be more info to share in the near future. There are a lot of winners both young and old and too many to mention. Search for shootscoreboard and you can look at all the info.

Just heard that Georgia shooter Jim Mitchell will be having open heart surgery at the end of the month. He missed SC and NC and Larry High asked me where he was. Dave Hollingsworth gave me the info about his upcoming procedure. Please keep him in your prayers.

Ok that is about it for this week and hopefully you can slip down to Ft. Bragg this weekend. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy & Tim great shooting, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem