Toys 4 Tots Shoot Report 2008 & Picture Slideshow

Post shoot results!
smokem

Toys 4 Tots Shoot Report 2008 & Picture Slideshow

Post by smokem »

It sure is heartwarming to see the NC Trapshooting community coming together to support the Toys 4 Tots shoot at the Buckhorn Gun Club. I arrived late to find a lot of cars and trucks parked on both sides of the clubhouse. When I entered the clubhouse I took a peek at all the toys that had been given for the event! Jimmy checked the 07 stats to see if a bigger crowd attended in 08 and the answer was yes! Great job folks and I know that Jimmy and the Buckhorn crew appreciate you attending!

We had folks that traveled from the NC Mountains and two shooters from the State of Virginia. I will post pictures sometime tonight and one thing I want you to notice is the lighting. Some pictures were taken in brilliant sunshine and others look like the sun is going down. Shooters battled a slight breeze but the biggest issue was the visibility. One shooter thought the targets were flat and our resident expert Lou Carter explained it this way. The reason the targets looked flatter was due to the angle of the sun – real simple! Some folks didn’t have a problem with the wind, clouds or anything else which we will explain a little bit later.

Singles – “36” shooters stepped to the line and a fellow from VA took the top honors amongst three 99’s. Brad Roope from Pulaski VA took the top spot, James Wilson took AA, Kenny Cox took A, Garth Sweredoski took B, David (aint’t shot in 8 months) Coleman took C, Cary Branthwaite took D, Jeri Wilson took lady, Chris Shoulars took jr, Don Kaufman took vet and there were no srvets – JC you would have been a winner.

Handicap – Super George Sudderth came back to Buckhorn with a whole new attitude and got it done from the back fence. He outpaced the field with the nearest competitor three targets back. Phil Berkowitcz took short, Tom (Pitts Is Toast) Shelley took mid, Ike Branthwaite took intermediate, Charlie Brown took long, Ann Morgan took lady, Chris Shoulars took jr, Bobby Page took vet and there were no srvets – JC you won again where were you?

Doubles - James Wilson next nearest competitor was 5 birds back of course he had more sunshine to shoot in I must add. George Suddreth took AA, Freddy Redmon took A, Frank Kersey took C, Tom Shelley took D, Jeri Wilson took lady, Charlie Brown took vet and JC could have swept all the srvet events if only he had shown up!

HOA – Super George Suddreth or maybe I like Super BamBam better was on a roll today! He stepped into the Buckhorn sandbox today and showed his bad self with a 284x300 and four targets better than the next competitor – Great job SBB!

Singles – 36 shooters
99 – Champ – Brad Roope (VA) – tie with Jim Wilson & Kenny Cox
99 – AA – Jimmy Wilson
99 – A – Kenny Cox
97 – B – Garth Sweredoski
96 – C – David Coleman
85 – D – Cary Branthwaite
97 – Lady – Jeri Wilson
89 – Jr – Chris Shoulars
98 – Vet – Don Kaufman

Handicap – 30 shooters
95 – HiGun – George Suddreth
91 – Short – Phil Berkowitz
92 – Mid – Tom Shelley
88 – Inter – Ike Branthwaite
90 – Long – Charlie Brown
75 – Lady – Ann Morgan
88 – Vet – Bobby Page

Doubles - 16 shooters
98 – TopGun – Jimmy Wilson
92 – AA – George Suddreth
93 – A – Freddy Redmon
89 – C – Frank Kersey
87 – D – Tom Shelley
75 – Lady – Jeri Wilson
90 – Vet – Charlie Brown

HOA
284 – George Suddreth
280 – Jimmy Wilson
277 – Charlie Brown
270 – Tommy Brown
266 – Kenny Cox

Ok – Ft. Bragg shoots this Saturday the 15th and has a 600 target program for your shooting pleasure! 100 singles and 250 pairs of doubles! Also they will be preparing and serving succulent and delicious deep fried turkeys and all the fixings!

Jimmy Wilson and the BGC staff would like to thank everybody that attended and helped make the shoot a success. Thanks to folks that scored, loaded traps, prepared and served food, computer services and a special thanks to Ann for almost burning the grass around the fire bucket after Jimmy told her not to let it happen:-)

Click on the link below for a picture slideshow from the shoot:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow