$1000 Added Money Shoot at Bragg 12-12-2015

Post shoot results!
Rooster

$1000 Added Money Shoot at Bragg 12-12-2015

Post by Rooster »

Taking a line from Mr. Rogers, " It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" . I don't think you could have asked for a better day to shoot trap in the month of December. We had 38 shooters to show up for our last shoot at Fort Bragg. I heard someone comment that maybe we should have a last shoot every month like some of the businesses that have been going out of business for years, but I'm afraid this was our last ATA shoot.

I would like to think the following folks that helped put on the shoot:
Al Mazza, Greg High, Jon Miller, Dan Johnson, Mac Herring, Jim Wilson, Chuck Woody, Margaret Hill, Karole Miller, Morris Carroll, Steve Watson, Jerry Kinlaw I'm sorry if I missed anyone, but rest assured your help was greatly appreciated.

I would also like to thank all the shooters that took time out during this busy part of the year when family demands are great to shoot with us. Shooters from all across the state attended with folks from Boone and Blowing Rock in the west and Oriental and Jacksonville in the east. The shooting started around 9:30 and finished up around 5:00 with the last two doubles squads finishing up shooting under the lights.

Randy "Boone" Jones came out of "C class" to take singles with a 99. Randy dropped the third bird out on the last box after running the first three boxes. David Miller and Jon Miller were right on his heels with 98's. The Handicap event found Jeff Abarbanell on top with a 93, good for a 1/2 yard punch. Steve Watson was one bird back at 92, it's always one bird. While the light conditions were a little suspect in doubles, Jim Wilson managed to take top honors with a solid 96. The 5 shooters we had in AA all finished in the 90's. Awfully good shooting under those light conditions. Steve Watson took HOA with at 276 which was 2 birds better than "Mr. Wilson's" 274.

As Paul Harvey would say "Now for the rest of the Story"

Singles (36 Shooters)
Champ - Randy Jones - 99
AA - Johnathan Miller - 98
A - David Miller - 98
B - Jeff Abarbanell - 96
C - Neil McInnis - 94
D - Jerome Kusy - 89
SJr - Hunter Murray - 65
Jr - Brandon Matthews - 94
Lady - Karole Miller - 86
Vet - Ed Rabenda - 96
SVt - Bill Dudley - 96

Handicaps (32 shooters)
Champ - Jeff Abarbanell - 93
Short - Brandon Matthews - 91
Mid - Lane Murray - 79
Long - Steve Watson - 92
SJr - Hunter Murray - 66
Lady - Karole Miller - 77
Vet - Jerry Kinlaw f/o Ed Rabenda - 90
SVt - Bill Dudley - 88

Doubles (17 Shooters)
Champ - Jim Wilson - 96
AA - Jeff Galloway - 93
A - Steve Watson - 88
B - Karole Miller - 87
C - Chris Powell - 85
D - Randy Jones - 85
Jr - Brandon Matthews - 83
Vet - Greg High - 92
SVt - Billy Thigpen - 77

HOA - Steve Watson - 96 - 92 - 88 - 276

That's all folks!!!!
Again thanks to all that helped and all that attended. I hope to see you at other clubs around the state and of course at Bostic.
Take Care and Shoot Well,
Marty Hill