South Carolina State Shoot 2008

The ongoing saga of the gun purchased in Boone and shot around the Country!
smokem

South Carolina State Shoot 2008

Post by smokem »

Greetings from Boiling Springs South Carolina!

We arrived safely at the club and visited a bunch of folks including Tom & Jerry Oxyer, Roger Shaffer and George Sudderth.

The weather today was a bit windy with one 100 winning the singles, 92 winning the handicap and a 95 winning the doubles. There were only "5" 25 straights broken in the handicap event amongst 70 shooters.

Rain is moving in tonight and will show it's ugly head in the morning!

We will try to post the highlights and scores and pictures if possible!

Have a great Thursday and we wish you were here!

Absolutely beautiful day in the Palmetto state. We shot all three events with no rain and only a few singles squads felt the moisture.

Tailgunner won SrVet doubles with a 91 - SrVet Handicap with a 97 and might win "C" class singles with a 96 - HE IS ON FIRE!

Tom Cox wound up with his 1st big shoot win after posting a 91 in the caps and winning the short yard shootoff by forfeit!

Doubles was won by Kevin Poulson with a 99 - two 98's tied for the caps honors with TN shooter Bob Hedrick and local Remington 1100 shooter ? flipping the decision. Singles - there were several 100's including SrVet AA Bob Mitchell!

Forecast for Friday is wet in the morning and thunder storms throughout the day! Elmo and Lane should be headed down about 3PM and hope to make the steak dinner!

Have a great Friday and we wish you were here!

Windy was the theme of the day and there were some hero's and some zero's! No rain all day and folks really appreciated that for sure! Jeff Galloway won his carryover for A Class doubles from Thursday and JC took his yardage with a 94 in the caps! That rascal has gotten 1 1/2 yards of real estate in two days! It is almost cold and the wind is gonna be whipping around again today!

Have a great Saturday and good luck to all the shooters at the BGC shoot!

Carolina Blue South Carolina skies greeted shooters today for the Championship Singles Saturday. Three out-of-state shooters posted the high score of the day which was 198.

Jeff Galloway (NC) - Trey Wilburn (VA) - Larry Horde (TN) stepped to the line for a night time shootoff. Jeff broke the lone 24 and won the out-of-state HiGun trophy. Larry and Trey were on their 3rd 25 shooting for AA when we were packing up!

South Carolina shooter Rodney Raines is the South Carolina State Champ with a lone 196. Sunday looks like a chance of scattered thunderstorms and we hope the wind dies down a bit!

Elmo Matkins shot 200 singles today and held up well with a 90 in the first event! We are glad to see some new NC boys at SC including Tom Cox and Lane Murray.

Thanks for taking a look and we hope to post some pictures Sunday night or Monday!

What a great 4 days of shooting! NC shooters really showed up in SC with a vengeance. Between JC and Jeff piling up the awards there were several others that did great in the Palmetto state.

Jeff broke a 95 in the wind Sunday and finished on trap 8. He wound up winning long yardage honors and was only 1 bird off the 96 that won the event! He also managed to win the Open Champ award with his 198-94-95!

Elmo Matkins wound up shooting the 200 singles Saturday and the caps on Sunday! Lane Murray experienced some excitement on field 5 Sunday with birds and wind involved! Tom Cox got his feet wet in the big shoot trap arena and I beleive he had a great time all in all!

I had the pleasure of shooting with Roger Shaffer Sunday in the wind and he posted an impressive 91 in that wind! It is great seeing him shoot so well and out-of-state!

As for me it was a tough four days and that is about all I am going to say about that!

I will be posting pictures later tonight so look for the hot link to the photos!

Whew that trip tired me out physically and mentally! Will do the best I can to get the pictures up tonight or at least some of them - took about 250 +/-.

FR
Last edited by smokem on Tue May 20, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
l.campbell

Post by l.campbell »

lucky *****!

good luck!