August 24th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 24th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and kids are back to school and August is almost over. One shoot at Watauga over the weekend and the next NC registered shoot is September 5-7 at Buckhorn.

Watauga had a good turnout and it looks like the "Phenom" Steve Watson won everything. Singles with a 98, Caps with a 94, dubs with a 93 and HOA with a 285x300. Watauga shoots next on October 24th and it is the Annual Chicken Wing Fling.

This was taken at the 2004 NC State Shoot - Jim is second from the left...

I called Jim Daughtridge last week and took a moment to check on him. He is doing great a riding his Harley and enjoying life. He did say that he went out and shot a little bit and that was good to hear. He last registered targets in 2010 and that must have been a BIG50 at the Old Hickory Rifle & Pistol Club in Bostic May 6th, 2010. Sure would like to see him back out shooting one day.

That is Scott with a pair out shooting at the Bradford GC in PA in 2011

This is going to be a thin smoke report this week and hopefully I will have a little more to write about next week. I did get a Trapshooting USA mag and noticed that my Konne-Yaut friend Scott Holdren won the Keystone Open Handicap with a 99 from the 27. That is some great shooting and Scott and his wife visited NC to shoot in the Dogwood earlier in the year.

I got the HOF program today and hopefully Terry Roush will post a hot link to the document. Terry Roush will be inducted into the NC HOF and hopefully the banquet will be well attended. Singles/Doubles/Caps Thursday - Doubles/Singles/Caps Friday - 200 Singles Saturday - 50 pair dubs/100 caps Sunday. Friday night the Old Hickory Rifle and Pistol Club will host their famous Barbecue dinner with all the fixins and is free to all the attending shooters and their families. The event will be listed on Presquad.com in case you want to get signed up for your squads.

Ok, I am going to wrap it up and I hope everybody has a great week. If you ever have anything you would like for me to mention in the smoke report just email me at freddydacrusher@hotmail.com. Hello to Hap, Scott, Lou and Chase and until next week...............................Smokem