August 10th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 10th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

I hope everybody had great weekend and looking forward to the week ahead. Buckhorn shot Saturday and Sunday and thanks to Dan Johnson the shoot reports are posted. Grand week cranks up today and it looks like several NC shooters shot great in the Blaser Handicap on Sunday. One shoot in NC upcoming that will be at the Watauga Gun Club the 22nd.

Buckhorn hosted a two day shoot over the weekend and they had two great days to shoot. Saturday Dan won the singles with a 99, Ed Rabenda won the caps with a 96, Dan also won the doubles with a 92 and no HOA reported. Sunday Steve Watson won the singles with a 98, Walter Mabe won the caps with a 93 and the doubles with a 97. Steve Watson captured the HOA for Sunday's events.

I did a little searching to see if any NC or SC shooters won anything at the Grand. In event 2 John Pickitt was the SrVet winner with a 95 in the Trap & Field Handicap. In event 3 Little Egypt doubles Dicky Pigg won class B 3rd place with a 94. Today I was looking at the scores and noticed that Bill Howe and Jeff Galloway broke 98's in the Blaser Handicap. I know that Bill took the SrVet and that Jeff shotoff with Harlan Campbell and Fred Nagle and Jeff could win either 5th or 6th. Good shooting fellows and Jeff how does it feel to be back on the 27 again?

Chase Walker asked me about my signoff listing Hap - Scott and Lou. Well, Hap is a real person and Gene Hapney broke a 99 in the Gipson-Ricketts handicap to win SrVet. He is a great fellow and he shoots a Pro-Soft stock on his Perazzi. He had suffered from back issues and sure glad to see him shooting so good at the Grand.

Fellow Konne-Yaut Indian Jack Noftz dad Wayne broke a 98 Sunday in the Blaser caps also. Jack is an All-American and great youngster. His dad Wayne shoots a Benelli I think and that gas gun broke a 98 just like all of those other high dollar guns. Wayne might have won 5th place and I think Jeff took 6th according to Bill Howe's post on Facebook.

I had the opportunity to work with a group of lawyers from the Clement-Wheatley law firm in Danville Virginia. Quite a lively bunch and both guys and gals had some fun breaking some clay birds. Lewis Wyatt assisted and I believe we have some folks that are interested in breaking more clay birds in the near future. Saturday was a great day to shoot and the wind played with the targets later in the afternoon.

That is about it for now and have a great week everybody. It will be a long week for me and I hope to take some time off here in the next few weeks. Good shooting Hap, hey Scott and Lou I hope you are doing ok down in sunny Florida and until next week..........................Smokem