July 6th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 6th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Got to love computers......just about had the report done and Bill Gates had a moment.....Anyway let me start again........July 4th 2015 is in the books and lots of folks traveling to and from the Beach. Some NC shooters made it to the VA State Shoot and I hear that the KY State Shoot ended on a soggy note.

Two shoots last week and they included the BIG50 at LCP Wednesday and a BIG50 Lewis Class Fun shoot at the Rockingham Gun Club on Sunday. I have included the info provided by Pat Childers for his shoot......We dodged another hot one this week. It was a cloudy day and a gentle breeze made shooting bearable for the first week in July. The earlier 11 a.m. start time we initiated last week has definitely helped make the NC summer heat a little more manageable. Pat Childers turned in the top score this week with a 47. Terry Lewis and Paul Miraglia were both just one target back at 46. Harold Smith finished out the squad. He was trying out another gun and it’s always a challenge to figure out where a gun is shooting when you have not shot it for some time. Dialing in a gun is a process and we all go through it when we shoot a new gun or one we have not used in a while. The pattern board is always a good place to start.

Rockingham Hosted a Big50 Lewis Class Fun Shoot Sunday and it was well attended. 19 shooters participated after a 1 hour intro to trapshooting clinic. Lane Murray took the top Lewis, Scott Shoulars and Lewis Wyatt split the second Lewis, Julie Russell and Clay Price split the 3rd Lewis and Michael Galloway took the low Lewis all by himself. We had 7 new shooters attend and shoot the 100 targets and thanks for coming out folks!

Two shoots coming up this week with LCP's BIG50 Wednesday and the Doug House shoot will be held at the Old Hickory Gun Club at Rocky Mount. The shoot program has been posted and I hope that folks will get out to celebrate the life of a former ATA President!

If you are interested in owning a piece of history Ricky Nunn will be selling his dads guns. He had two Beretta AL2's and also two AL391's....If you are interested please email me at fcr7@yahoo.com - He also has a ton of AA red - AA silver bullet - gun clubs hulls that need a good home.

That is about it except to mention the Southern Zone in a couple of weeks.....should be great fun and I hate that I will miss it.......Have a great week folks and hello to Hap, Scott (see you Thursday) and last but not least Lou........and until next week..................................................Smokem!