April 13th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 13th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Great weekend behind us and lots of good shooting in North Carolina. The pollen is flying and targets were flying at LCP, Coharie and Buckhorn. I have shoot reports from all and LCP shoots their weekly BIG50 Wednesday the 15th and their monthly shoot is the 25th.

I learned Saturday that Cliff Dowdy passed away on the 9th of April. He was 80 and I apologize for not posting something sooner. The family had the wake Sunday from 4PM to 5PM and the funeral service will be at 11AM today. I have posted the obituary in the finished career section of the site. Cliff was a great fellow, one heck of a shot and collected lots of expensive guns. He will sorely be missed and I hate that I didn't get to visit with him recently!

LCP had a visitor from the Washington DC area and Dave Eslinger posted the high singles score with a 48. Pat Childers and Rich Long were one back with 47's with Mike Petrone posting a 46. Wayne Averill posted a 44 and Harold Smith posted a 43. As previously posted LCP shoots their next BIG50 the 15th and monthly shoot the 25th.

Coharie shot Saturday and thanks t Mac for posting the shoot info and scores. Mac had a good turnout and George Brown won the flip for hi-gun singles with Greg High after posting 96's. Brad Barnett won the caps with an 89 from the 26 yard line. Mac Herring won the doubles with a 91 and shared the HOA honors with George Brown with 273's. The day started out with a touch of rain and wind played with the targets most of the day. Brad Barnett showed up with a new gun and is getting it tuned in. Of course Mac's wife prepared a wonderful meal for all and thanks for all her efforts. CSL shoots next May 16th so plan now to attend.

Buckhorn shot Sunday and thanks to Dan Johnson for posting the shoot info and scores. Looks like Russell and Jennifer Nuti showed up with almost 1 year old Tom. I don't know who Kevin Biss is but it looks like he cooks some tasty pies and that is an interesting skill to have. A great turnout with 33 singles shooters, 27 handicap shooters and 19 doubles shooters shot 100 pair. It made for a long day and the word on the street is that Jimmy Wilson might bring trap #4 into service.

Gorgeous George Brown won the singles at CSL with a 96 and won the singles at BGC with the lone 99. Caps was won by Ed Rabenda with a 95 that netted him a 1/2 yard punch. Gregg High led all doubles shooters with a 187 and NSR for HOA. Andrew Carroll ran the MID50 in caps and "DID NOT PLAY THE OPTION". That happened to me years ago.......buzzkiller!

Tom Shelley posted a picture of the Watauga Gun Club yesterday. The hill is waiting for you and Tom got some good practice in with BamBam and Pitts a no show. Things have been building up and the Watuaga Cartel A&B team will be shooting at the Dogwood. Shelley has been talking a big game but Pitts has been practicing the Harlan Campbell "PUSH" while listening to the old Salt n Peppa classic - Come on and Push It - Push it good - Push it REAL GOOD.....

Ok.....it is here almost......The Dogwood at the Homegrounds April 23-26. The first 4 day shoot at the beautiful North Carolina Homegrounds in Bostic NC. This will be the only registered shoot before the NC State Shoot in June. If you want to get your feet wet and have never shot at the HG - just run up for a day and take a look. I have two problems and they include being on-call and the tech guy for our annual Sniper Match at our range in McLeansville NC on the 24th & 25th.

Have a great week everybody and hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next week.................................Smokem