April 6th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 6th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Masters week is here and I hope you aren't suffering from all of the yellow stuff flying through the air. Super windy Saturday and an absolutely gorgeous Easter Sunday. Two shoots last week with a LCP BIG50 and Charlie Brown shot Saturday. Three events this week with a BIG50 at LCP Wednesday, Coharie Saturday and Buckhorn Sunday.

Pat Childers reports beautiful shooting weather at LCP and Rich Long once again was the top gun with a 48. Bill Boston and Harold Smith had 47's, Pat Childers and Mike Petrone had 46's, Wayne Averil had a 43 and Ned Marlowe had a 35. Next BIG50 is the 8th and their next monthly shoot is the 25th which is the Dogwood weekend.

Cupcake submitted the shoot report for Charlie Browns and they had a super windy day to compete. The extreme weather Watauga Cartel made the trip and won some of the events. Todd Bolanz won the singles with a 94, Will Price won the caps with a 91, David Miller won the doubles with a 85 and Randy "Boone" Jones won the HOA with a 260x300. Evidently the hot beef BBQ sandwiches prepared by Sue were a hit. Charlie Brown holds their next shoot on the 2nd of May so mark your calendar for this event.

The fair weather Watauga Cartel is gathering on Thursday's and pitting their skills against each other in practice. Shelley reports that Pitts nipped him one in caps but he whooped him on HOA for the night. All eyes are focused on the Dogwood and look for a strong showing from the boys from Boone.

I noticed a post from my friend Gene Hapney on Facebook. He won the SV HOA, HAA, Handicap and Singles at the AZ State Shoot March 24 -27 2015. Some of you may have met his nephew Lonnie Hapney that shoots at Spartanburg and the NC Homegrounds. Hap uses a Prosoft stock on his Perazzi and it has really helped him stay on the target!

That is about it for this week and I hope everyone has a great week. Hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next week....................Smokem!