March 9th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 9th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

What a beautiful weekend and I hope you got out and took advantage of the great weather. March has been known for cold and wintry weather and I would like this type of weather to continue if at all possible. Three shoots with a BIG50 at LCP and Coharie and Buckhorn shot over the weekend.

Low Country Preserve had a great day to shoot Wednesday with 71 degrees with light gusts of wind. Rich Long was top gun with a 48, Pat Childers had a 44 and Terry Lewis ran his first 25 and wound up with a 41. Fred Barnett and Bob Mizner had 37's to round out the 5 man squad. Their next BIG50 is the 11th and their next registered shoot is the 28th. Also, if you are looking for 8 pounds of 700X or 8 pounds of Clay Dot Bill Hutchinson can be reached at farmwerks@yahoo.com or 336-583-9876.... He is looking for 16 pounds of 20/28 or Green Dot......

Coharie shot Saturday and the weather was great. A good crowd showed up including Dan Johnson and Danny Lloyd. Mac and Al did a great job whipping the shoot together and especially using 3S for the first time. Mac, Danny and Dan all knotted up with 96's and Danny won the flip for singles champ. Wild Wild "Brian" West ran his first 50 and missed his 65th bird to miss out on that ripe and juicy MID50 Pot. Mac nipped Dan by 1 for the doubles and Dan won HOA with a 272x300. Mac's wife prepared a great lunch and thanks to her for all of her efforts. Thanks to all that pitched in to help and it was great to see Marty and Radar...... April 11th will be the next date for CSL so please mark your calendar.

BGC shot Sunday and I will try to get the scores posted today. BGC's next registered shoot is the 22nd unless another pretty day pops up and the BGC crew holds a shoot. From what I hear they had a good turnout and it looks like Dan Johnson has got his new stock figured out. He is getting all ready to shoot a few more birds this year and that is great to hear.

Ok....a little thin this week and I hope everybody has a great start to the work week or whatever. Hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next week.............................Smokem