February 23rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 23rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

What an exciting week of winter weather and I hope that is over for awhile. I hope your pipes didn't freeze during that cold snap and hopefully the snow has melted in your yard. Typical NC snowfall is followed by a 60 degree day and not followed by super low temps.

Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day and the weatherman missed it. Normally BGC never cancels a shoot and Sunday would have been a perfect day to shoot at Buckhorn. LCP shot Wednesday and Pat Childers was the top gun with a 44. Terry Lewis and Rich Long broke 41's, Harold Smith broke a 39 and Wayne Schiavi 38 and Fred Barnett 33. LCP shoots this Saturday and hopefully the weather will be great!

I took a look a the newsletter that Bob Schultz sends out and found out that MEC makes traps now. Not sure what the price point is but they sure look good. He also mentioned that Fabarm and Caesar Guerini have introduced some new guns and also made some changes to some existing models. Bob also mentioned the INVICTUS Over/Under shotgun that looks very good also.

I heard through the grapevine that Ken Duncan is on the mend in Florida after triple bypass surgery. I was under the impression that he was heading back to NC to see the doctor but that evidently didn't happen. Please keep Ken and his family in your prayers and I am hoping for a speedy recovery.

March 7th Coharie opens their 2015 season with their first shoot. Mac always puts on a great shoot and I know that his wife will prepare a great lunch for all to enjoy. I am not on call that week and might try to engineer a trip to CSL and then to see my mother in Morehead City. Mac might fall out if I show up down there and it would be great to see Mac and Al.

Tom Pitts posted the latest NC points and Jimmy Wilson, Dan Johnson and David Miller sit 1/2/3 in the mens division. Karole Miller leads the ladies, Emma Ward leads the SubJrs, Noah Gouge leads the JRs, Richard Drake leads the Vets and Bill Howe leads the SrVets. Great shooting folks and there is a lot of shooting left before September 1st. Thanks to Tom Pitts for ciphering all of these figures and posting them on a monthly basis.

JT Brewer will celebrate his 80th birthday on February 27th. He has been around a long time and he goes way back to the days my grandfather sold guns and ammo at Phipps Hardware. JT has been instrumental in working in and around the Rockingham Gun Club and really has started to focus on shooting the 22 Anschutz rifle he got for his birthday. He is a great fellow and I really enjoyed the trip JT and I made to the Grand in Vandalia.......good times JT.......good times.....

Have a great week everybody and hopefully this next snow will not pan out. Hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next week..........................Smokem