February 16th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 16th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and the area is bracing for a blast of winter weather. That wind storm that blew through Saturday night created havoc even before the first flake of snow fell. Hopefully everybody has their powered restored and I am praying that more snow falls than Ice.

Two shoots last week with LCP shooting Wednesday and Gastonia Saturday. Chase Walker will be sending me the scores and hopefully I can get those up and the scores Steve Watson sent me from the previous event. LCP had 6 shooters and the top gun Mike Burrell broke 25/23, Wayne Schiavi had a 44 and Harold Smith had a 43. Their next BIG50 is Wednesday the 18th.

Buckhorn shoots this Sunday the 22nd and I would imagine there will still be snow on the ground. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and they can have a good turnout. The 75 Target Race format has drawn some good attendance and the last event netted the lone 71 a $90 payout.

I have gotten some conflicting info off the mountain including a tip that Tom Pitts is tanning and toning. Also it looks like Morg has purchased his workout gear and it requires a baby powder rubdown to get into the outfit. Seems like Shelley gave him the advice since Tom got his and they saved some money on a case of baby powder. While Morg was at the club Saturday shooting in that wind BamBam was making sure he got registered for Obamacare according to a reliable source. Sure is going to be cold up in the high country and I would imagine that the Watauga Cartel will be out rolling once the weather breaks.

Jeff Galloway went out Sunday to the Rock and shot one round in that cold windy weather. He commented that there were folks on the Skeet field so he wasn't the only crazy one shooting. He said the wind was killing his hands even with gloves on.

Ok, that is about it and I can't wait until Spring. All of this cold weather makes we want to live in sunny Florida. Hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next week...................................Snowem................