February 9th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 9th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Great weather weekend and two events including Ft. Bragg on Saturday and Buckhorn on Sunday. Low Country Preserve shot Wednesday and I have their shoot report. I have no info on either weekend event and hopefully will have the results later today. Gastonia shoots this Saturday the 14th and the weather looks pretty good for that event.

Not a ton to report but I did get to go shoot Saturday . Rockingham GC had a swap meet and also passed out the proximity cards for the newly installed gate. I did meet a few new folks including Mike Williams from Durham and Myron Bass from Summerfield. I also got to talk to Bob Barrett and he was one of the original 9 that started the RCGC. He had a young neighbor in tow named Nate Baughn and Nate got to shoot a AR-15, target 22 and a BT-99 Micro. Bob knew my grandfather back in the day and it was great to talk about the good old days back in the 60's and 70's.

Van Fleming was out and had a couple of gals that wanted to learn how to mash clay. I opted to put the trap on straightaways and gave them a few pointers on where to hold their guns. Lara Gallert was up and sure enough broke her first bird and I captured it with the camera. Next up was Kathy and she also broke her first bird and really crushed it and of course it is was filmed for all to see. Great to see folks enjoying themselves at the range for sure. I posted the vidz under NC Gun Clubs news.

Tom Shelley took a break from hunting armadillos and managed to kill Bambi's best friend Thumper on his trip to Alabama. Shelley gets out and does man things while Pitts and BamBam spend time in their SPIN classes. Looks like Morg has been spotted working out with Pitts and George. The weather broke in the valley and I hear tell George was out tweaking the prosthesis. Looks like Shelley showed up to workout and the crew had his flaming red workout outfit all ready to go. The only issue that Shelley's is made of Spandex......

Dave Daily is back from two weeks in Cancun Mexico and he said he was dark like a native. Must be nice to work 1 week out of a month. Hunter Galloway went shell hunting Sunday and found 7 boxes of Federal paper handicap loads at Gander Mountain. They were marked $7.99 per box and when he got to the register they showed up as $12.99 per box. They did some checking and sure enough they had marked them wrong but honored the lower price. All Gander has right now is AA light target shells and the red/white/blue Federal plastic shells.

Steve Watson was nice enough to take pictures of the January 17th shoot in Gastonia. I apologize for not getting that posted and I tried to get the pix posted Sunday night and not sure why Photobucket isn't working. Hopefully I will have that all up tonight.

Have a great week everybody and hopefully I will have some scores.......Hello to Hap, Lou and Scott and until next week..............Smokem........