February 2nd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 2nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

February is here and still no appreciable snow has fallen in the Triad. I guess I should be thankful and maybe my heating bill will be a little lighter for January. The weekend was really pretty nice and I hope you got out for a little practice at the gun club of your choice. I have two shoot reports from LCP and LCP shoots Wednesday and Ft. Bragg shoots Saturday.

Low Country Preserve shot their BIG50 Wednesday and the weather was cool and windy. 9 shooters attended and Rich Long and Wayne Schiavi had the high singles scores with 43's. Tom Morse had a 42 with Wayne Averill with a 40 and Pat Childers with a 39. The monthly trapshoot attracted 5 shooters and Rich Long was the high gun with a 90x100. Wayne Averill posted 85, Wayne Schiavi 80, Mike Burell 77 and Pat Childers 70. LCP shoots their next BIG50 Wednesday the 4th and if it is not held on Wednesday it will be shot the following day at 1PM. Club management will decide by 10:00AM Wednesday morning if the BIG50 needs to be rescheduled.

Ft. Bragg didn't shoot in February in 2014 but will this Saturday the 7th. Marty will have the program posted and the weather looks good with 55 degrees and no precip with partly cloudy skies. Always fun to shoot at Ft. Bragg and Marty does a great job preparing for the event. Lots of great memories shooting at Ft. Bragg and I will never forget Dave Daily and I getting 1/2 yard punches for 86's way back when.

Lou Carter gave me a little insight into the championship singles Saturday at the Dixie Grand. One neat thing about the Silver Dollar is the great refs they hire to run their shoots. I do have some fun stories about bad refs that were hired but that was a few years back. Anyway, Lou was a ref that Saturday and working out of his golf cart and he said the wind was rocking his buggy. 17 - 30 mph winds pushing targets 20 - 30 feet high was the rule of the day. The weather was much better on Sunday for the caps but the scores were still way off and everyone Lou talked to couldn't figure it out either.

I noticed a post that Jerry Bryant put on Facebook Sunday. It looks like Rio Ammunition is building a 105,000 manufacturing facility in Marshall Texas. It will be their US headquarters and it will employ 90 employees in the 9.6 million dollar facility. Average wage will range between 30k and 42k per year......mash on http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/story/d ... Q_cejUKC3w

Word off the mountain is that BamBam and Pitts have joined a gym and getting into shooting shape for the Spring shooting season. They evidently shop at the same store and wound up sporting the same workout shorts from what I have been told. They are inspiring each other and walk on the treadmill side by side. Hopefully I will sneak in a picture of that duo shedding the pounds. I hear Shelley is in Alabama on a Armadillo roundup and donating them to the local food bank. Tom sent me a picture of one of those juicy morsels running across the tundra before he stopped breathing.

OK....the Patriots won so all you obnoxious NE fans can live another year. I hope everybody has a great week and stay dry. Hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next Monday........................................Smokem :mrgreen: