December 29th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 29th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I know that it is tough right after Christmas for a lot of folks. All of that good eating and pies and cakes and whatnot. All of the visiting and listening to your in laws and out laws tell all of those old stories that change ever so slightly year after year. All of the gifts you got that you really didn't want and all the hi-tech gifts that are in the back room with the instructions laying beside the new toy. And for those of us that go back to work and have to look at folks and say......yes I had a great Christmas how about you?

On the upside the new year is ahead of us and a good time to do things a little different or not. 2015 is only 3 days away and have you started writing down your new years resolutions? Some folks do not want to be bothered by living up to unrealistic expectations so they just wing it. To be honest that might be the best way to do it if you ask me just let it be what it will be....That 60 degree weather over the weekend was really nice and some folks think that winter is over but that is so far from the truth. January looks to be colder and wetter than January 2014 so hold onto your toboggans.

For those of you looking for registered birds you are in luck because the Buckhorn Gun Club will shoot on January the 4th. The weather is always changing and it looks like temps in the mid 50's and a chance of liquid precipitation. Then Ft. Bragg will shoot on the 10th followed by Gastonia on the 17 with Low Country Preserve shooting the 24th. LCP also shoots BIG50 events on the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th of January.

For those of you wanting to shoot and enjoy warmer temperatures the Dixie Grand just might be the shoot for you. January 19th - 25th the Dixie Grand will be held at the Silver Dollar Trap Club in Odessa Florida. 645 miles from Jamestown NC which equates to 10 hours of continuous driving with no stops. Some folks like to shoot at the Silver Dollar and there are two sides to the club. One is the golf side and you shoot looking at folks playing golf right in front of where you are shooting. The gun club side looks out over a pasture and I have seen everything from big birds and cows grazing to deer scampering around. They throw some great targets and most of the refs live down there year round and do a great job. One of the refs never wears shoes and he is definitely in need of a pedicure if you know what I mean. Bob Schultz and his band of merry men will be in attendance and I am sure the Galloway's and Bill Howe will make the trip.

I slipped over to trapshooters.com to take a look and I must admit I very rarely ever go to that site anymore. The old format was much more user friendly for me and the new setup just doesn't do it for me. Evidently the fellow that took it over is in the money making business from what the naysayers are reporting. I haven't made a post on the forum in months but I might crank up a NC Shoots thread for folks that might be visiting our state.

That is about it and I hope everybody has a great week and a safe New Years Eve.......Back in the day my grannie used to make biscuit dough pizza's and we could add anything we wanted to the pizza. She also bought ginger ale and she said it was kids champagne and we would bring in the new year......those were the days. Hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next week..........................................Smokem 2015