December 15th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 15th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope you enjoyed the great weather over the weekend. I actually made it out to practice Saturday and it was great. Not a ton of stuff going on in the trap world locally and no shoots to report over the weekend. With Christmas only 10 days away folks are plotting and planning to get out of town and hunker down at home.

Hunter and Terry made it back safely from the EC meeting Wednesday and I guess before you know it the Dixie Grand will be here. Always fun going to Florida in January and bringing back oranges, fudge and olive oil soap. I remember one year when Jeri Wilson broke a 96 in the main handicap and was runner-up but she won a good chunk of change for her efforts.

While I was shooting Saturday Lane and Hunter Murray participated in a pistol match at the Rock. From what I hear tell Hunter shot rather well and might have actually outshot his dad. Hunter walked over to the trap field to get a drink and a soda and as he walked by he mentioned that his dad might need to take and Advil. I asked Hunter why he needed to do that and he said that his dads head might be hurting after he outshot him....Hunter was shooting a .45 Kimber and Lane was shooting his new Dan Wesson.

Dave Daily is in Baltimore working and June is recovering from hip replacement surgery. She has struggled with pain and is still in excruciating pain and will be visiting the doctor today. Dave had both knees replaced at one time and recovered nicely with very few problems. I hope she gets this worked out and on her way to being pain free.

I got a call from Captain Gary McDaniel Monday about two shotguns he had in his office. One was an 870 Trap All-American circa 1974 according to Jeff Galloway. They only made 1000 and this gun is 100%. One of the DA investigators brought it in from a friends widow. Hopefully it will find a good home and I hope Jeff gets a shot to own it.

Rockingham will be hosting their last Lewis Class Fun Shoot on the 21st of December. Start time is 2pm and the cost is $20 for 100 birds (50 16's/50 caps-1 yard past ATA yardage). Fun time had by all and three Lewis Class payouts and we had 17 folks last month.

Have a great week everybody and hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next week....................................Smokem