October 13th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 13th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello from Jamestown NC and for a minute I didn't think I would be able to pen the smoke report. When I logged in the system asked me to change my password and that my friend was an adventure. No trap shoots over the weekend on National Trapshooting Day/Weekend. Two shoots coming up this weekend with Old Hickory shooting Saturday and Buckhorn shooting both Saturday and Sunday.

I visited JC Friday and he has a doctor's appointment this morning at 9AM. JC is not eating solid foods but it is still getting fluids and liquid nourishment. His mind is sharp as ever and we took a look at some of his trapshooting memorabilia and he knew where everything was. Please keep him in your prayers along with Jerry Ricker and Muggs Corpening.

I talked with Al Bost Sunday night and he is hosting a one day shoot this Saturday the 18th. He stated that CupCake would post the program and he was unaware that BGC had a two day shoot. I would imagine that Jimmy Wilson will post a program as soon as he establishes the format of the two day event. Expect no less that 300 targets a day and possibly more.....

The ATA sends out a newsletter each month and it is chocked full of trapshooting information. The All American list has been posted so take a look at shootata.com to see who made it. I did notice that Charlie Brown and Ted Carwile were on the list and congrats to them. The ATA is offering 5 free ATA memberships to each club to give away and that is a real incentive to register some targets. Paper average cards were sent out to dues paying members on the 26th of September and hopefully yours arrived in the mail. Trap & Field has a new look with more color added to the pages and that is a dramatic change from the old ATA format. Look for more color in the upcoming issues.

It is that time of the year again and you know what I am talking about. Watauga Gun Club will host their annual Chicken-Wing-Fling on the 25th and I hope the weather is great for the event. John Waters has been serving up hot juicy chicken wings for quite a few years and he always does a great job. Also the Watauga Gun Club has installed two PAT traps on traps one and two and that should make for some great shooting in the valley. Tom Shelley won't be there because he rides folks around the town on a hayride and has been doing it for many years.

Here is a look at the shoots left in this calendar year.... October 25th Watauga & Ft. Bragg - November 1st Durham County - 8th Coharie - 15th Old Hickory & Gastonia - 16th Buckhorn - 22 Ft. Bragg - Thanksgiving Shoot.......Please mark your calendars and if weather allows some clubs might slip a shoot in before the year end.

That is about it for this week and I hope everybody has a great Monday. Hello to Scott up North and Lou down South and until next week...........................Smokem