Labor Day 2014 Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

Labor Day 2014 Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning to all and I hope you and your family are enjoying Labor Day off. Hot Saturday and a little breezy Sunday around here in Jamestown and a chance of rain today. Buckhorn hosted a three day event ending today and there are three shoots in NC this Saturday the 6th.

Jerry Ricker is holding his own according to info supplied by Carolyn Keever. She has assured me that any new info will be passed on immediately. Richard Colley called me last week checking on Jerry and I really didn't have a ton of info to share with him. I know that folks are praying for him and anything is possible.

Buckhorn hosted a three day shoot over the Labor Day weekend and I will get the shoot report for all three days tonight....fingers crossed. I talked to Danny Lloyd Sunday night and he said it was hot Saturday and a little cooler Sunday. John Miller broke a 100 in the singles on Saturday but no info from the morning and evening handicaps. Sunday Karole Miller won the caps with a 91 and Danny followed closed behind with a 90. No info on the singles or the 100 pair of doubles. I asked Danny about how he liked the pink White Flyers and he said he had no issues with the birds and wore rose colored lenses.

Three shoots the 6th and they include Coharie, Durham County Wildlife Club and the Rockingham Gun Club. Typical 300 target program at all three clubs with MID Pots at CSL and Durham and 1st/mid/last 50 pots at the Rock. Weather for Saturday looks like low 90's and a 50% chance of rain but let's face it anything can happen. Programs should be posted Monday or Tuesday and these are targets going on the new year so please re-up your membership with the ATA if you are a yearly member.

I called JC last week and checked on him. He quit his job at the Auto Auction and he will sorely be missed since he is one of a few that can drive a stick. He will have a little more time to putt around the house and visit his wife's sister that lost her husband about 5 months ago. He is looking forward to the Hall Of Fame shoot and always enjoys the feed that is put on by the Old Hickory Club.

Speaking of the Old Hickory club I got in touch with Ronnie Smith last week and checked to see how Lillian was doing. Lillian is getting around slowly and is unable to talk according to Ronnie. She had been wanting him to take her to the club to shoot skeet and he said she broke 13 out of 25 in the condition she is in. Ronnie is taking care of the Old Hickory Club and hosts quite a few non-registered events. He stays quite busy and he always has that place looking great.

Jeff Galloway took a trip to the Spartanburg Gun Club Saturday to deliver a gun he had worked on. He shot some practice on field four with his friend a few of the locals. They charge 7 bucks a round for practice and that really makes you appreciate the price that you pay at your club. Sunday Jeff went to the big flea market in Hillsville VA and wound up buying a H&R 750 Pioneer bolt action 22 rifle. I asked for a few more details but he never texted me back.

Ok that is about it for this week and I am really looking forward to cooler weather. Hello to Scott up North and Lou down South and Hap out West and until next week.......................................Smokem..