August 18th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 18th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and I hope you enjoyed the great weather over the weekend. No registered events over the weekend and one non-registered shoot at the Rock. The Grand is over for this year and I believe the weather was great comparatively speaking for that time of year.

Boone shoots this Saturday and Steve Watson reports a 200 singles - 100 caps - 50 pair program. Not sure what the weather will be but it has got be cooler than down in the flatlands. Always fun at Watauga and you never really know who will show up to shoot in the valley.

Rockingham hosted their monthly Lewis Class Shoot Sunday at three and 18 shooters stepped to the line. We had some first time shooters and fun was had by all. Tommy Brown took the high Lewis, Scott and Randy split the mid Lewis and first time shooter Charlie took the low Lewis to the tune of $48.......

The Grand is over and Stuart Welton is the Singles Champ - Tosh Dillon is the Doubles Champ - Adam Stefkovich is the Grand American Champ and David Shaeffer is the HAA (397) and HOA (982) Champ for 2014. Not sure if anyone from NC won a trophy but I am sure somebody will let me know.

Buckhorn published their Labor 3 Day Shoot.......8/30/2014 Saturday 100caps/100singles/100caps - 8/31/2014 Sunday - 100singles/100caps/100pairdubs - 9/1/2014 Monday - 100singles/100caps/50pairdubs. Sunday all targets will be ALL PINK White Flyer targets. They will use them Monday if enough birds are available.

Roger Shaffer showed up at the Rock today. He looked good and is on the mend after his back surgery. I did not have a lot of time to talk and I hope he can get about to shoot when the doc says AOK. Also on the grounds was Ronnie Manuel and he scored a bit and loaded during the fun shoot. He had neck surgery and the doc said his shooting days were over. I hate to hear that and maybe just maybe things will turn around for that prognosis.

Have a great week everybody and hello to Scott up North and Lou down South and until next week..............................Smokem......

For the NC shoot calendar mash on the link from NCTRAP:
http://nctrap.com/shoots2014.pdf