July 7th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 7th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello and I hope you and yours had a great July 4th weekend. With a Hurricane on the coast and cooler temps here in NC it made for some great trapshooting weather. Buncombe and Buckhorn both had shoots over the weekend and I hope to have reports sometime today. Also, both Kentucky and Virginia hosted their state shoots and 13 North Carolinians made it to Virginia.

Bill Howe, Charlie Brown, Lane Murray, Tommy Brown, Galloway's, Danny Lloyd, Kenny Cox, Andy Collins and 4 others made it to Virginia. Some shot better than others and both Lane and Jeff broke 95's in Sunday's handicap. Dylan Kline and Dave Shaffer knotted up with the only 200's Saturday and Kline out thunk "Slab" and won the shootoff. Adel Moussa broke a 199 to win the VA State Singles Ttile and congrats to him. The highest NC shooters were Lane Murray and Charlie Brown with 196's.

The VA State Doubles Champ is Steve Hawkins and he broke a 100 to secure the title. Dave Shaeffer took the out-of-state title with a 99 with Clay Floyd in-state with a 98. Top NC shooter was Jeff Galloway with a 92 and Charlie Brown with a 91. The Handicap High-Gun was Dean Shafer from PA with the lone 97. The VA State Handicap Champ is Gary Holderman and he broke a 95.

Last but not least the HAA and it was won by Dave Shaeffer with a 394 and he is from Maryland. Clay Floyd won the VA State HAA title with a 391. Top NC shooter was Jeff Galloway with a 381 with Charlie Brown with a 376. HOA in-state was Clay Floyd with a 1368 and out-of-state winner was Ronald Sutton from MD with a 1343. Top NC HOA shooter was Tommy Brown with a 1294 in "B" Class.

From what I am hearing everybody had a great time except for the windy conditions on Thursday. It is always great to get out and mingle with fellow trapshooters from other states. Hate I missed it but I have some traveling to do myself.

Charlie Brown shoots this weekend and they have a two-day shoot planned. Week after next the Zone cranks up at the NC Homegrounds. Looks like the Zone will be well attended and you just never know who will show up.

JC Nunn will turn 91 this weekend and he is still going strong. I hope to have some pictures from his birthday party and I will have a fire extinguisher when they light the candles.

That is about it for this week and if I missed anything or anybody I apologize. Have a great week Lou and until next week................................Smokem

For the NC shoot calendar mash on the link from NCTRAP:
http://nctrap.com/shoots2014.pdf

For Southern Zone Shoot Info mash on the link below:
http://nctrap.com/sz_dates.htm