June 30th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

June 30th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

A very good morning to all and it looks like a hot week ahead. Two shoots over the weekend at Watauga and Ft. Bragg with no info to report at the time of this writing. Two shoots coming up this weekend with Buncombe shooting the 5th and Buckhorn shooting the 6th. Looking farther into the month Charlie Brown shoots the 12th & 13th and the Zone starts the 17th.

One of my FB friends Janessa Beaman broke all 500 singles thrown at the Utah State Trapshoot. She also is closer to her Grand Slam after breaking her 1st 100 in twins at the shoot. She is an Olympic bunker shooter and one heck of a shot. If you are a FB user and a friend of Australian Gold Medal shooter Russell Mark he is counting down the top 20 shooters in the world. He has Rudy Etchen and Susan Natrass in his list and it is quite and interesting read. What I need to do is get him to allow me to publish his list on the site.....

Took a moment to call Steve Karas Saturday and check on him. Steve originally is from New York and suffered a stroke several years ago. He sounded good and we talked about guns and ammo and the cost of shooting. He also commented that a friend of his had shot at the Ohio State Shoot in Marengo Ohio and commented about the weather and the fog. Another friend called him about the PA State Shoot and also commented about the weather conditions. Hey it is summertime and it is going to rain no matter where you are at.....

Many of you know that Bill Howe has shot a lot of targets........Approaching 400,000 targets plus or minus. He called me to let me know that he had returned from a shoot up North and struggled to get it together and put a good score up on the board. He did manage to break a 199 in the singles championship and it took him 50 birds in a shootoff to seal the deal. I also asked him about Billy Thigpen and the doc said he might get to hoist a gun around dove season. That has got to be good news for Billy and I am still praying for his full recovery.

Ok.... I am a little thin on news this week and hopefully the shoot reports will be published sometime today. Have a great 4th of July Holiday weekend and I should have news from our NC folks at the Virginia State Shoot to report. Hello to Lou and until next week .............................................Smokem