May 12th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 12th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning to you and I hope you had a great weekend. Weather was great except for a severe storm that rolled through Greensboro about 4pm Saturday. The Buckhorn Gun Club hosted a two-day shoot over the weekend and we have that shoot report for you. Coharie shoots this Saturday on the 17th and thanks to Mac for posting the program.

The Charlie Brown Gun Club hosted a shoot last Sunday and CupCake was nice enough to post the shoot report. Jimmy Wilson won the singles, Tim Crabtree won the caps and Dan Johnson won the doubles. Not sure who won the HOA and I will try to get that info for you.

Buckhorn hosted a two day shoot featuring 100 pair of doubles both days. John Miller won the singles on Saturday with a perfect score, Jimmy Wilson won the caps with a 96, doubles with a 196 and the HOA with a 386x400. Sunday John Miller broke another 100 in singles, Tim Crabtree won the caps with a 96 and Jimmy Wilson won the dubs with a 194 and the HOA with a 384. The shoot was well attended and the wind really played with the doubles Saturday according to Jimmy.

Charlie Brown showed up Sunday and wound up missing a bird on post 1 all four fields in singles and the first two fields in handicap. Jimmy Wilson and John Miller were shooting with Charlie and prior to the 3rd round of handicap Jimmy chimed in and asked Charlie a question. Jimmy said to Charlie......are you going to wait until doubles to break your first 5 on post 1? Little did Jimmy know but John had just took a big swig of water and when John heard what Jimmy said the water exited through all open holes in his face. Charlie did manage to break a 5 on post 1 on field three but broke a four on post 1 on his last handicap trap.

The South Carolina State Shoot cranks up Wednesday at the Spartanburg Gun Club near Pacolet. JC and I took a trip to put up our tents Saturday and left about 7:30. We stopped in Lexington for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel and got back on the road about 9. We rolled into the gun club about 11 and ran into Ron Burdick. The AIM shooters were practicing on trap 6 and I noticed a coach fanning. When I jumped out of the truck I quickly realized what was going on. Can you say "gnats" from hades? They were flying in your eyes, ears, nose and mouth and they were traveling in swarms. JC was sputtering and waving like he had jazz hands trying to escape the critters. I talked to Ron Burdick and Harry Gable and they said it had been very dry and had just rained the day before. I took a look at the new and improved men's bathroom and it is quite a change from the old setup. JC and I put up the shelters and hooked it back to the Gastonia Gun Club. We watched a few squads shoot skeet and trap and ran into Robert Thomas. It had been years since I had seen Robert and he was there the day I broke 100 in singles, 91 caps and a 98 in doubles shooting Lawry targets. We decided to hoof it back to Greensboro and JC was delivered to his house at 3:30PM. A good number of folks from NC are headed to this shoot and look for us up on the hill behind trap 1.

As we rolled down to SC I asked JC what he had been doing. He said I painted my shutters, cleaned out my gutters, mowed the grass and washed the truck. I asked why so busy JC and he said that he had to get his work done before he headed to the SC State shoot.....Soon to be 91 on July 13th he is still very active and works one day at the auto auction and he is one of the only drivers that knows how to drive a stick shift.

Earlier in the week the site had a visitor and he posted about 65 posts. Jimmy was nice enough to delete all the messages and I worked on tweaking the security settings so that wouldn't happen again. I also had a fellow from the Netherlands that wanted to know how to post a video. I emailed this person and asked if he was interested in trapshooting or what? I have not heard from the person yet.

OK - have a great week and I will be posting info and pictures from the SC State Shoot.......Hello to Lou and until next week.................................Smokem :roll: