May 5th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 5th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and I hope you are able to read this report finally. Danny Lloyd called me Sunday night to report he could not read the smoke report due to it being "locked". I unlocked the topic and hope that will work for the time being. Great weather weekend in NC with the Rockingham Gun Club shooting Saturday and the Charlie Brown Gun Club shooting Sunday. Both clubs experienced sunshine and I have to believe that some wind was shared also.

Rockingham shot Saturday and Krystal Foster won the singles with a 97. Chase Walker won the handicap with a 92 and Ben Campbell won the doubles with an 88 and the HOA with a 266. This was the memorial shoot to remember all the folks that are no longer with us. Thanks to all that attended! CupCake will get the Charlie Brown scores posted sometime today and thanks in advance.

The Buckhorn Gun Club shoots this weekend on the 10th and 11th. Word on the street is two 400 target days with "100 PAIR" of doubles both days. That is always fun and I was shooting on the squad when Jimmy Wilson broke 100 straight's back to back in doubles.....Quite a memory.

The Georgia State Shoot is in the record books and not all scores are posted or at least the winners anyway. I do know that Bob Boswell won the Georgia State Singles with a 197 and a 25 in a shootoff over Junior shooter Christian Salvanera. Mickey Bell won Open A with a 193 and that is all I see for NC winners in the singles on Saturday. I talked with Hunter Galloway and he broke a 94 in handicap Sunday to secure his yardage with a lone 94. Jeff broke a 194 missing a tie with SC shooter Kenny Inman with a 195. He broke 1 less than he needed to win his class in doubles and his 92 in handicap from the 26 netted no hardware. That is some great shooting considering the wind they had to contend with. I will post the link to trapshooters.com to view all the scores as they are published.

Pre-Squad is still open to sign up for the South Carolina State shoot May 14th - 18th. I jumped on Sunday night and got setup for Friday through Sunday. Dave Daily is coming up from Myrtle Beach and it will be good to see him and June. We always go to eat oysters on Thursday night and I sure can't miss that excitement. Not sure how many NC shooters will attend but it ought to be well attended. They put on a big fish fry on Saturday night and it is some good eating......believe me I have the pictures to prove it.

Not to be outdone you can now Pre-Squad for the North Carolina according to Hunter Galloway. I took a look Sunday night and sure enough it is up and ready to be utilized. It sure does speed things up when signing up for squads and the banks are the luck of the draw for bank assignments. Dates for the NC State Shoot are June 4th through 8th. I pray that the weather is perfect and that no rain whatsoever falls during the shooting competition.....Amen.

Word from Watauga is that the PAT is getting installed this Wednesday. Also the trap league cranked up Thursday night with about 25 shooters and some new folks from Ashe County. Steve Watson stated that Tom Shelley was mashing birds with a 1200fps load and as quick as Shelley shoots them I can believe it. Shelley commented that he wore Pitts out in the race pool Sunday and that is a good thing. Not sure if the cartel will all be in Spartanburg but I would imagine George Sudderth will be there with bells on.

In case you haven't heard the ATA bought Trap & Field the magazine. The original owner died and it was his wish that it be sold to the ATA. Look for bigger and better things from the magazine in the very near future. All staff and the location of the operation will remain the same.

Ok....that is about all I have for this week and look for the Charlie Brown scores sometime today.........Hello to Lou down in Florida and cant wait to see you at the NC State Shoot and until next week........................................smokem :mrgreen:

Mash on the link below for scores from the Georgia State Shoot:
http://www.shootscoreboard.com/menu.cfm?shootid=268

For the NC shoot calendar mash on the link from NCTRAP:
http://nctrap.com/shoots2014.pdf

For Southern Zone Shoot Info mash on the link below:
http://nctrap.com/sz_dates.htm

Fish fry......
smokem

Re: May 5th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello,

Steve Watson was nice enough to alert us to the fact that we had a visitor........65 deleted posts later (thanks Jimmy Wilson) we are back to normal I hope. :mrgreen:

We have changed a few things and you will not be able to setup an account unless the admin approves it - no biggie.... Also, passwords will require upper/lowercase - numbers and symbols..... Passwords will be required to be reset after 90 days......

Hopefully we put a plug in the hole.....

Thanks

Smokem