Rockingham County Gun Club Shoot Report For September 13th,

Post shoot results!
smokem

Rockingham County Gun Club Shoot Report For September 13th,

Post by smokem »

Weather conditions were perfect at the Rock today until the heat showed up! Folks didn’t seem to mind and the wind played with the targets from time to time.

We were expecting a few more local shooters to show up and thank goodness a few Virginia shooters decided to participate.

Singles – 2008 North Carolina State Mens Singles Champion Chris Shoulars took top honors, Charley Rinehart took A, Lane Murray took B, Harold Newby (VA) took C, Don Kaufman took vet and JC Nunn took srvet.

Handicap – VA shooter Charley Rinehart was the champ with JC Nunn winning the flip with Harold Newby for short, Boyd Rance (VA) took mid, Don Kaufman took long and Chris Shoulars took jr.

Doubles – Larry High took higun, Jeff Galloway took A, JC Nunn won the flip with Charley Rinehart for B and Chris Shoulars took jr.

Singles – 7 shooters
99 – Champ – Chris Shoulars
96 – A – Charley Rinehart
90 – B – Lane Murray
95 – C – Harold Newby
95 – Vet – Don Kaufman
92 – SrVet – JC Nunn

Handicap – 8 shooters
94 – HiGun – Charley Rinehart
90 – Short – JC Nunn flip with Harold Newby
89 – Mid – Rance Boyd
89 – Long – Don Kaufman
92 – Jr – Chris Shoulars

Doubles – 5 shooters
96 – TopGun – Larry High
89 – A – Jeff Galloway
94 – B – JC Nunn flip with Charley Rinehart
75 – D – Chris Shoulars

HOA – 96-94-94 = 284x300 – Congrats to Charley Rinehart for some fine shooting!

Ok, that is about it except for thanking everybody that came out to shoot and the folks that helped. Lane, Prez, Gary, Scott (lunch was great), Hunter, Jeff & Sara, Tom and if we missed anybody we apologize!

Please try to attend out next registered shoot the 2nd of November. Also, our next Lewis Class shoot is October 5th please make a note of it!

Mash on the link below for pictures from the ROCK:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow
Last edited by smokem on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaufmandg

Forgot to say good bye... Sorry

Post by kaufmandg »

Hi Freddy..

Please accept my apology and extend my apology to all those that I had failed to say Good Bye when I left... I did send an email to that effect to Tom last night.

I was exhausted by the heat (and frustration) and at the end of that day... I considered giving up Trap however I realized upon reaching home that I left not saying Good Bye and Thanks and realized that an old fool as myself would find it difficult if not impossible to learn another game, especially one as simple as shooting from only five stations.

Again... the true "Italian Rule of Roadracing"... it matters not how you finish, only how good you looked doing it.

Again... Thanks for a "Well Done"... perhaps we could get some more of the NC Shooters and perhaps some Big 50's.

I'll be leaving Tuesday for the 5 day Spetember Shoot at Hog Heaven and hope that should any of our members venture to TN, they will join me for a beer...my camper spot #47... as you can see, not only have I lost my manners, I have turned into trailer trash.

Don Kaufman
"The Worlds Worst Trap Shooter"