March 27th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 27th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

March is about gone and here comes April. After a next to nothing winter and no snow what do we have to look forward to this year? I mean I do enjoy shooting in cooler weather, but this summer might be something. Couple of shoots over the weekend including Watauga and Rockingham County.

Coming up this weekend is the rescheduled BIG50 at the Charlie Brown Gun Club. Great place to shoot for sure and Saturday weather is looking good with 78 degrees and wind 10-20. Of course, that could change. Also, the South Carolina Hall of Fame is this Saturday and Sunday at the Spartanburg Gun Club. Gary Ferguson will be inducted on Saturday.

Watauga shot Saturday and Morgan Shaw said when the rain went away the wind machine turned on with gusts up to 40 mph. Will Price won the HOA with LilD Tollison with a 94 in caps and Montreats Ryan Bucher missing his 98th bird for a 93. All other caps scores were in the low 80’s and 70’s. I will post more details as they become available.

Rockingham shot a BIG50 Saturday and the weather started off a little moist. 21 singles – 22 handicap and 13 doubles shooters took the line. Mark Spoon and Darrell Parham tied with 49’s with DP winning the flip. SubJr Isaac McCoy and Mark Spoon tied up with 45’s in the handicap and Isaac won the flip. Mark got a punch and will appear on the 26 yard line next time out. Joe Nalley led all doubles shooter with a 46 and Tommy Brown broke a 47 but did not register them. Mark won the HOA with 49-45-42 and broke the only 25 in handicap. Thanks to all that attended, and the April 8th event has been cancelled and we apologize for the inconvenience.

The NC Hall of Fame is just a few weeks away. 4 days of shooting at the NC Homegrounds and the only time you will get to shoot there before the NC State Shoot. If you have never been to the HG take this opportunity to check it out. If you want to classify before the event, contact Marty Hill.

Ok that is about it for this week and I hope everyone has a great start to the week. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Thea and Anne and until next week……..smokem