March 20th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 20th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello from Jamestown NC and hopefully everyone had a great weekend. Several events over the weekend and the Southern Grand comes to an end. Two events coming up this weekend including a BIG50 at Rockingham and a 300-target program at Watauga.

Watauga held their bi-monthly BIG50 Sunday and had 16 competitors. Three-way tie for singles with Sean Reese, BIGD Tollison and Morg with 49’s. Sean Reese got a ½ yard punch for a 49 and LilD Tollison won the doubles again. Sean Reese led all shooters with 140x150 and two birds better than Morgan Shaw. Watauga will shoot this Saturday and will shoot a typical 300 target program. Saturday weather says 80% chance of rain with wind 10-20. Of course, they cancelled the CB BIG50 due to rain and the weather turned out nice? Can you really trust the weatherman?

Buckhorn hosted a typical 300 target program shoot Sunday and all I know is that Megan Smith out flipped Mark Spoon for singles hi-gun after both breaking 94’s. Hopefully we will have a shoot report next week.

The Southern Grand wrapped up Sunday and NC had a few shooters bring home some ATA hardware. Tiffany Decker was the first to win a trophy and it came on the opening day. Bill Howe won a handicap category on Friday and Jeff Galloway won A Class doubles on Sunday and A Class RU HAA. The SG Singles Champ is Brady Duren TN with 200 and 50 extra. SG Doubles champ is Joseph Breck PA with 98 and 19x20 extra. SG Handicap champ is Andrew Feig IL with 95 and 23x25 extra. SG HOA winner is Cole Henning IA with 956x100 and SG HAA winner is Wyatt Readler PA with 384x400… Congrats to all the winners!

ATA Secretary Hunter Galloway shot at and broke his 100,000th singles target in the championship singles Saturday at the Southern Grand. 100,000 is quite an accomplishment and he tried to pull it off at the Grand in Sparta and contracted Covid and was unable to shoot. He had hoped to shoot it at the Dixie Grand and his wife had a procedure that prevented him from completing it there. I mean he could have shot it somewhere in NC but heck at least he finally got it done somewhere.

Two shooting events in NC and they are both on Saturday. The Watauga Gun Club will host a typical 300 target program Saturday and like I mentioned above the weather looks fun. Not to be outdone the Rockingham County Gun Club will host a BIG50 and the weather looks just as bad but warmer. So I will just pray right now that the weatherman will miss the forecast and both locations will be bright and sunny with minimal winds.

If you are looking for shells, you might want to check out Blue Collar Reloading because they are under new management. Just found out about it Sunday and you might want to give them a call. Not sure if the store number is the same but google will get you where you need to go.

Harlan Campbell will be hosting two two-day clinics at the Rockingham County Gun Club March 30-31 and April 1-2. Both clinics are sold out and we appreciate him taking the time to drop by RCGC. Over the years Harlan has really turned folks around and got them breaking some amazing scores.

South Carolina Hall Of Fame is just around the corner and will be held April 1&2. Gary Ferguson will be inducted this year and glad to see him going in at the Spartanburg Gun Club. Good chance to shoot in Spartanburg before the state shoot in May. Typical 300 target program each day with the induction Saturday between the singles and the handicap.

North Carolina Hall of Fame fliers were mailed and I got mine Friday. I posted it on Facebook and there will be a banquet, but nobody will be inducted into the HOF. They will be honoring past inductees and will benefit the AIM program. If you would like to see someone, go into the HOF you need to submit a form to the HOF committee.

The North Carolina Trapshooters Hall of Fame, Inc. is requesting 2024 Hall of Fame Inductee nominations for consideration by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee. All nominations must be submitted on the NCTHOF Nomination Form and received by the Secretary of the NCTHOF not later than May 15, 2023 to be considered. Nominations may be sent by email or USPS using the addresses below. Jim Hughes Secretary, NCTHOF, Inc. P.O. Box 38026 Charlotte, NC 28278 jrhughes.60@gmail.com

Ok that is about it for this week folks and I hope everyone enjoys the time change and the interesting weather. Hello to Scott in AZ, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobbie, Phil, Thea and Grannie Anne and until next week………smokem