February 13th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 13th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and maybe the rain/snow will go away for a day or so. Not sure what to say about this winter but what can you do. Not much going on this week/weekend as far as shooting goes but that will change this week. Three events with a BIG50 Saturday at Rockingham and a BIG50 Sunday at Watauga and a 300 target shoot at Buckhorn.

Saturday the Rockingham County Gun Club will host a BIG50. Last month we had issues with traps 1&2 and wound up using 4-5-6. Hopefully we will be able to use 1&2 this Saturday. Watauga will host a BIG50 Sunday, and those guys and gals have been posting some great scores. Hopefully the weather will hold up because you never know in the mountains.

Also Sunday the Buckhorn Gun Club will host their monthly registered shoot. Weather Sunday looks iffy in Boone and Mebane but hey when has the weather guy been accurate? I mean they pretty much missed the snow forecast for a large part of the state including Boone except above 4000 feet. The gals should have a great lunch prepared and not sure what is on the menu.

I spent some time on the phone with Bobby Page Saturday. He sounded great and we talked about good times and not so good times and reminisced about his friend Andrew Carroll. Bobby sold his Kolar but still has a couple of smoke poles in the closet. Gail is still working a bit and Bobby does some leather work and plays cards in one of his hangouts. We invited him to come up and spread some lead at RCGC and we hope to see him soon.

Mac Herring sent me an email saying he had been in contact with George Wilson. Mac and George go way back and it was great to hear that they had reconnected after not being in contact for quite a few years. Back in the day when the Tarheel Gun Club in Advance was up and running the state shoot was held there. Also, Pinehurst was a hotspot with the Dogwood, State Shoot and Annie Oakley held in the Sandhills. I remember the entire Southern Zone being held there way back when. Hopefully they will stay in contact in the coming months.

Big shout out to John Sandell and his trip South. Looks like he will be in the South Carolina beach area and hopes to shoot a little at some of the local clubs including the club in Aynor. Hopefully he can get over there and shoot with Dave Daily and Rodney Raines.

Ok that will do it for this week. Remember Ken Duncan, Tom Pitts, Darvin Cornett, Phil Berkowitz, Tommy Brown in your prayers. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Thea and Anne and until next week……smokem