January 30th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 30th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Top of the morning to you and what a beautiful day Saturday was. Hopefully folks got out to practice somewhere in North Carolina. No shoots to report on last week and one South Carolina shoot and one North Carolina shoot this weekend. I checked both calendars for NC and no new shoots have been added.

Buccaneer Gun Club shot their BIG50 last Saturday and had 30 shooters at the event. 23 chose to register their targets with the ATA and that is exactly why the ATA developed the format. It allows folks to shoot together whether they register their birds or not. Buccaneer just recently added a second PAT trap and they have already seen an overall improvement on the targets broken on the new device. As far as the winners go it looks like it was Nathan Snyder day with him breaking the high score in singles, handicap, and doubles. John Lowder did manage to tie him in singles and great shooting to all. Their next registered BIG50 is February 25th with registration starting at 9am and shooting to begin at 10am.

This Saturday the Spartanburg Gun Club will host their monthly shoot. If you consider shooting the South Carolina State Shoot this May and you have never been to SGC it might be a good idea to shoot their monthly shoot. Every trap is a little different and it is always fun shooting at Spartanburg. Weather right now looks like 43 high with winds 5-10 and mostly sunny and that isn’t too bad at all! Sunday the Watauga Gun Club will host a BIG50 and if the weather holds up they might be shooting in the white stuff. But can you trust the weatherman really?

Prayer list this week includes Tom Pitts, Tommy Brown, Jeff Allen, Ken Duncan, Darvin Cornett, Rino Miglioretti, Bobbie Powell, Hunter Galloway and Phil Berkowitz.

I get email from a club called Pine Belt Sportsman in Indian Hills NJ and they published a list of supplies including powder, shot and primers. Cheddite’s were $60 per 1000, 25lb bags of shot $50 and 8lb jugs of Clay Dot and Green Dot at $225. Now I know that isn’t available around here but that is interesting that these supplies are available in other areas. I recently picked up an 8lb jug of Clay Dot for $235 and hard to believe two years ago it was $150.

Ok folks that is about it for this week. Looks like a wet forecast for most of the week until the weekend. Folks keep complaining about no snow yet and to be honest I would like to see about a foot to ride around in. Shooting trap over snow is a lot of fun also but shooting while it is snowing not so much. Have a great week and hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Thea and Anne and until next week…………smokem